• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leadpink
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I noticed this person selling what he claims is original transparencies used in the production of comics.

I am more than a bit skeptical and a quick search shows that there has been at least some discussion of this eBay seller here on the boards.

Can anyone say for sure if what this person is selling is "fake" or "not what he claims"?

Seems strange that this person seems to continually have these up for auction - an almost endless supply.  IDK.(shrug)

On 6/16/2022 at 8:41 PM, Hudson said:

I noticed this person selling what he claims is original transparencies used in the production of comics.

I am more than a bit skeptical and a quick search shows that there has been at least some discussion of this eBay seller here on the boards.

Can anyone say for sure if what this person is selling is "fake" or "not what he claims"?

Seems strange that this person seems to continually have these up for auction - an almost endless supply.  IDK.(shrug)

Fake

On 6/16/2022 at 8:41 PM, Hudson said:

On 6/16/2022 at 8:55 PM, artdealer said:

Fake

I tend to agree.  I am just wondering if anyone has actually purchased one of these and proved it to be fake. Or if someone knows for a fact that, for one reason or another, that these cannot be "real" (what he claims them to be)?

On 6/16/2022 at 6:02 PM, Hudson said:

I tend to agree.  I am just wondering if anyone has actually purchased one of these and proved it to be fake. Or if someone knows for a fact that, for one reason or another, that these cannot be "real" (what he claims them to be)?

They aren’t in any way related to the production of the published comic as I can recall. Ask leadpink for proof of a piece you’re interested in, than if you get any response share it here.

Hard pass.