• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Dejah Thoris commisson by Nadir Balan

8 posts in this topic

Ever since I interviewed Nadir Balan for his work on Alias' JUDO GIRL miniseries about a year ago, I've been watching his pencils get better and better with each issue he does. I bought a few pages from the JG mini, then just recently asked for him to do a commission piece for me of Dejah Thoris, the sexy martian from Edgar Rice Burroughs' Martian Tales.

He went so far and beyond what I was expecting. I gave him full reign, just asking that Dejah Thoris be the centerpiece. And when he wrote back saying he'd work up a little background too, I had no idea he'd offer up something this amazing.

Needless to say, I'll be buying more from Nadir in the near future. I think his art is great and that he'll be making a name for himself any time now, and I'm sure his asking price will start to creep up the more attention he gets. And why not? He deserves it.

For those interested in his original art or possibly commissions, check out his web site . Just tell him James sent you. wink.gif

What do you think?

Dejah-Thoris-.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

what's his going price for a commission?

I'd rather not say as he might have different costs for differenty styles, number of characters, etc. But I will say that I would've paid more for the piece than what he quoted me.

It's a little busy but once your eyes figure it all out it's really nice.

Nice score!

There is a lot going on in the image, but I think it works. Of course, I might be bias since it's about to be mine and I love his art (and the characters, of course).

It's a little busy but once your eyes figure it all out it's really nice.

A good inker would straighten him out.

Absolutely. Ink and tone it right and it would look incredible.

Either way, I like it.