• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW June Heritage Thread
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Starting a new thread because the other one went way, WAY off the rails and there are some great pieces still to be auctioned on Sunday...for those of us in the "cheap seats" I am tracking fun pieces like the Neal B&B page (great atmosphere, hoping the lack of Batman in costume puts this within reach), BWS Machine Man (mid 8s maybe?), and the Thorne Red Sonja splash (prices for this are pretty well known and stable over the past year)

Edited by Guest

On 6/18/2022 at 12:32 PM, Race said:

Starting a new thread because the other one went way, WAY off the rails

:butbutbutemoji: Race, I didn’t think you were new here :whatthe: If only there was a button (:signofftopic:)

But yeah, Garfield. 

I just did not want to be held responsible for making anyone blind after accidently inducing Mike to provide a larger image of himself in the original thread

Edited by Race

I have a question.  Heritage only shows the comic panels but not the full piece.  They have a description underneath.  There is an art piece I am interested in and I emailed them to get a scan of the "whole page".  They told me they would get back to me within 2 weeks.:roflmao:  Has anyone ever had this issue and why do they not give a scan of the whole art page?

On 6/18/2022 at 5:19 PM, GAFLASH said:

I have a question.  Heritage only shows the comic panels but not the full piece.  They have a description underneath.  There is an art piece I am interested in and I emailed them to get a scan of the "whole page".  They told me they would get back to me within 2 weeks.:roflmao:  Has anyone ever had this issue and why do they not give a scan of the whole art page?

They usually do, it's the second image in a listing. The first image is cropped for the listing thumbnail.

20 art pieces sold through Saturday between $102,000-  $2.4M

Still plenty of desirable pieces left. I wish all in this group who are dads a happy Father’s Day!!

No kids? There are plenty of worthy art pieces that don’t have a home to call their own. Won’t you consider adopting a lonely art page?
🖼  :takeit:

Art Adams Micronauts pin-up seems like a steal at 7K (8400 w/BP), particularly if they ever get around to making a movie... 

Edited by Race

On 6/19/2022 at 2:03 PM, Race said:

Art Adams Micronauts pin-up seems like a steal at 7K (8400 w/BP), particularly if they ever get around to making a movie... 

Are the Micronauts in the same legal limbo as ROM is when it comes to property rights? I know they both came about in the same process when Marvel started doing comics based on toy properties but not sure if the Hasbro-Marvel issues are only for ROM or all of the toy properties they did in that period?

Bottom line: I don’t recall seeing such a mixed bag of prices up and down before on Heritage. Is the pendulum wobbling before changing direction, or, are these localized exceptions to the upward market trend? The last Comiclink auction, I believe, had similar mixed results.