• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Started....

74 posts in this topic

Then now people are selling Blue Label Restored comics with the new notations?

What new notations? confused-smiley-013.gif

Look under the 8.0 on the left of the label. Looks like new notations to me.

But I think CGC started adding those to newer Restored books, thus negating any valid reason to change colors.

Then now people are selling Blue Label Restored comics with the new notations?

What new notations? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ah, it appears the guy changed the color to Blue and it's actually just a current label. Good catch banner, but just imagine when the scammers will no longer have to know how to use Photoshop.

acclaim.gif

Ah, it appears the guy changed the color to Blue and it's actually just a current label. Good catch banner, but just imagine when the scammers will no longer have to know how to use Photoshop.

acclaim.gif

Is your name BANNER?

acclaim.gif

Is your name BANNER?

I spotted it first...check the posting sequence... sumo.gif

::::Not meaning to dis you Banner::::

Well, in a way it has indeed started. The paranoia regarding the new label colors and the ease in which scammers can manipulate them has begun.

Which is understandable.

But that's been going on since day one...or 2....

I remember when I first got into CGC and found these board there was a guy that had restored books on eBay that were blue...he stated that that was the way the scanner interpreted them... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, in a way it has indeed started. The paranoia regarding the new label colors and the ease in which scammers can manipulate them has begun.

Which is understandable.

But that's been going on since day one...or 2....

I remember when I first got into CGC and found these board there was a guy that had restored books on eBay that were blue...he stated that that was the way the scanner interpreted them... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I guess the scanner knows best. confused-smiley-013.gif

But very soon sellers like this will not need an excuse.

I have books being graded right now, I guess I know which labels I will be getting back.

If you've got some restored Hulk 181's, it appears they're selling for a premium. tongue.gif

this is just ridiculous, Joe!!!!!!

it's a friggin old purple label - and you've simply misinterpreted what you are seeing because of blind hatred for the upcoming change. get a friggin grip....... sumo.gif

Yeah, what a scamster, he clearly used Photoshop to get rid of the "CGC Restored Grade" in big white letters at the center of the top of the label.

Oh no, wait, he didn't. makepoint.gif

I spoke with Mark and expressed my concern regarding blue labels being used for all books. Too easy to white out the notations in the grade box and no more need to turn purple labels blue with Photoshop, etc. I guess we will have to see where all of this goes.

Funny how the top bidder hasn't won an item since Feb. 13, 2003.

Then all of a sudden he jumps the bid from #385 to $900

0a_1_b.JPG

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

0a_1_b.JPG

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like your standard, low-quality ebay scan with a purple-labeled book...nothing new here folks, not sure what all the uproar is about?!?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

0a_1_b.JPG

983626-hulk_resto.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like your standard, low-quality ebay scan with a purple-labeled book...nothing new here folks, not sure what all the uproar is about?!?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

Please compare the two photos, both low-quality, both restored purple labels. Can you really not see the difference?

983626-hulk_resto.jpg.02f8da8ef62435e19de0c2066465e301.jpg