• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers Annual 10 and is it worth C&P?
4 4

9 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2022 at 10:30 PM, WilliamLunt said:

9.6ish. 

Can you live with yourself if the book comes back 9.4 or 9.6 and never knowing if you spent $20, could it have come back with a grade bump?

I'm with Will here. My default option moving forward is to just get the books pressed no matter what. I didn't opt for pressing when I sent my Ultimate Fallout 4 in for the Bendis signing (b/c I had never removed it from the bag and it was always bagged and boarded) and then I learned about "polybag creasing". I hope that there's a chance to get it signed by Pichelli at some point and have it pressed then, but unless you just like the idea of sending the same book in multiple times, or kicking yourself for the rest of time wondering if you should have gotten it pressed, I would bite the bullet and get it done. I sent this annual in for the Claremont signing. I'd say yours looks similar to mine and it scored a 9.4 (with pressing). Maybe you'll do a little better.

9.4-9.6

I would press for best results but if you really don't want to spend the extra $20 and are happy with 9.4ish, then leave as is.

A telling sign would be to hold under good lighting yourself. Tilt and try to get a sense of any indents that may present themselves. Those could pressed if they exist, thus improving chances at best grade possible.