• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overhang Explanation On Grading

5 posts in this topic

I have had a couple books come back to me from previous grading not slabbed due to this issue and was curious on a few things: Is there a certain classification on how much overhang is too much to not get a book graded? Also is there any way to still get a book graded with overhang because honestly I just wanted my books sealed and protected. Thanks, Jon M. 

16562589461529124471100136840365.jpg

On 6/26/2022 at 11:56 AM, Jon M. said:

Is there a certain classification on how much overhang is too much to not get a book graded?

I don't have an answer beyond if CGC sends it back to you unslabbed, then that's too much overhang. 

Also, you can protect a comic just fine with mylar and an acid free backer board. It's a lot cheaper than sending to a slabbing company and you don't have to wait months or even over a year to get it back

Okay thanks for the response. Curious though that if I send a book in to be graded and it returns back to me due to overhang do I get refunded on the grading service? I didn't get a credit before, just curious. Thanks, Jon M. 

On 6/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, Jon M. said:

Curious though that if I send a book in to be graded and it returns back to me due to overhang do I get refunded on the grading service?

CGC doesn't usually charge you until sometime after grading, so you shouldn't require a refund unless they accidentally charged you for this one book.