• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Marvel Super Heroes 20
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Here's my real post for today as I work through the questionable grading candidates in my pile. This is one of those square bound books, but it looks much better than many of them in my collection, particularly the binding on the spine, which always seem to be deteriorating. I'm assuming most people checking in on a CGC forum are familiar with this kind of book, but if not, it's a prototypical example of how the staples impact the cover. Mid-cape near the spine there's a little white spot, which is from the staples just inside the cover pushing up and causing color rub. I can't imagine any way for these books to avoid this defect unless someone had the forethought 50 years ago to put some archival paper or a card in between the cover and first page. Thanks for looking.

MSH20.jpg

MSH20-a.jpg

MSH20-b.jpg

MSH20-c.jpg

MSH20-d.jpg

MSH20-e.jpg

MSH20-f.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 6/26/2022 at 11:33 PM, MrRoboto said:

I’ll give it a 7.5 maybe an 8.0. Solid book. I’m not 100% good with square bound books.

Me neither. I just sent in a beautiful copy (IMO) of Marvel Feature #1 for sign/grade and I'm scared to post it here for fear that someone will point out something, and I'll fret about it for the next 3 months until I get it back. It's definitely nicer than this MSH, which is probably in the (very small) 2nd tier of my noteworthy square bounds. The rest hover in the 5.0±1.0 where there are issues, usually stemming from the binding and general sturdiness of the format.