• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Marvel Super Heroes 13
3 3

12 posts in this topic

I wavered between a couple of books with unusual issues before landing on this one. As square bound books go, it looks nice in hand and it's not falling apart. One specific defect that's not that common (at least for me), is an apparent miscut that's particular noticeable across the top of the front cover. That light thin triangle that starts above the dash between super & heroes, is just printed paper that does not match the actual color scheme.

MSH13.jpg

MSH13-a.jpg

MSH13-b.jpg

MSH13-c.jpg

MSH13-d.jpg

MSH13-e.jpg

MSH13-f.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 6/28/2022 at 12:08 AM, fast eddie said:

Hmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,, I would guess it would grade at 4.0,,,,,,,,, that is an odd one!

why so low, Fast eddie? There doesn't seem to be too many defects. At least a 6.0,maybe 6.5.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:09 PM, Bayowolf said:

why so low, Fast eddie? There doesn't seem to be too many defects. At least a 6.0,maybe 6.5.

I think every square bound book that is still complete and held together by the original binding should start at 9.0. Defects to the rest of the book be damned.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:09 PM, Bayowolf said:

I think the bottom corners of the book are what puts me off a higher grade,,,,,, and the outside edge has quite a bit of wear,,,,,,, plus the funny mis-cut,,,,,,, I just don't think it would receive a higher grade than MAYBE a 5.0,,,,,,, 

On 6/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, scburdet said:

I think every square bound book that is still complete and held together by the original binding should start at 9.0. Defects to the rest of the book be damned.

Hah! Yes,,,,, the square bound books are a trick to keep nice,,,,,,,, I love my early Silver Surfers dearly,,,,,,