• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Star Wars 68
3 3

8 posts in this topic

First, I have to thank George Lucas for making a subpar Episode I and having Jarjar be a key character in the prequels as it's the only reason I can think that I managed to purchase the entire Marvel SW run sometime between the Phantom Menace and the Attack of the Clones at a reasonable price. I don't think any other full run of books I ever bought being this nice, but I digress....

Issue 68 is the popular Boba Fett cover, and it's quite nice. You can see there are some inner pages on the top right have a tiny chip of corner paper that's still hanging on. I think this is a defect from production. What I am unsure of is some small black ink spots in the yellow field on the left. As I examine these closely, I am pretty sure these are ink drips from printing the cover, but I can't be positive. I looked around and haven't seen other copies with this. Any thoughts?

I've got this one going into the >9.0 range depending on how these things are viewed. I added the splash pages to the photos b/c it's cool.

SW68.jpg

SW68-a.jpg

SW68-b.jpg

SW68-c.jpg

SW68-d.jpg

SW68-e.jpg

SW68-f.jpg

SW68-g.jpg

SW68-h.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 6/29/2022 at 9:59 PM, Bayowolf said:

yes, those pages are probably production.Those spots lok like from production too. Is there a smal smudge on spine by Bobas arm?

It's a little ink spot. IDK if it's from the same thing as the little spots or something different. I could make a case for either. I'm pretty sure it's not grime though. The good news for me is that I don't even need to post my copy of issue 42 here. It's definitely high grade with nothing to be worried about (I don't think it's worth people's time to haggle about 9.X here since we're only looking at photos). This is a much cooler cover with that yellow showing the ink spots quite clearly.