• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Heroes Con Report
1 1

110 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2022 at 12:59 PM, Robot Man said:

Wow, bagging on Jim Steranko? The dude is one of the last of the living legends. His work was so totally unique. I have met him many times and always enjoyed the experience. He is one of the best to his fans. I even enjoyed him hitting on my wife once. :roflmao:

Steranko deserves extra credit simply for being one of the very few males at a convention not wearing cargo shorts and a super-hero emblem t-shirt!!!! 

Edited by lordbyroncomics

On 7/1/2022 at 6:37 PM, Ken Aldred said:

You’d never expect showmanship from someone who had a career as a magician.  Not surprising. At least he doesn’t use pyrotechnics and lasers.

Magicians are usually very title specific and will say they don't do such things. Illusionists use pyrotechnics and lasers.

Edited by lordbyroncomics

On 7/2/2022 at 8:16 AM, lordbyroncomics said:

Steranko deserves extra credit simply for being one of the very few males at a convention not wearing cargo shorts and a super-hero emblem t-shirt!!!! 

Yeah he’s always dressed like that. I first met him at DragonCon back in 1995-96. No one was interested in him. It was so weird, back then… Mark Bagley had a huge line and no one seemed to care about old timers… 

Steranko actually pulled me over to his single table to show me a magic trick. Took me a second to figure out who he was. He wasn’t real keen on signing my Shield #1, he just seemed bored. I just sort of politely excused myself. 

It was kinda weird at the time, under those circumstances - he had nothing on his table - but he was the exact same guy he is now. 

On 7/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, Prince Namor said:

Yeah he’s always dressed like that. I first met him at DragonCon back in 1995-96. No one was interested in him. It was so weird, back then… Mark Bagley had a huge line and no one seemed to care about old timers… 

Steranko actually pulled me over to his single table to show me a magic trick. Took me a second to figure out who he was. He wasn’t real keen on signing my Shield #1, he just seemed bored. I just sort of politely excused myself. 

It was kinda weird at the time, under those circumstances - he had nothing on his table - but he was the exact same guy he is now. 

I met him in 2005 in New York and he was very gregarious and had a lot of stuff signed. We talked about handcuff escapes; I met him next in 2016 with James Romberger and he still shook hands like he was gonna break every bone in yours. A man's man sort of guy. I found him very charming and still the ladies man.