• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When re-submitting already cgc comics..
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I've recently been seeing the new cgc custom logos, I have a couple high graded comics that I would like to change to the newer logo, if I resubmit it, will I keep the same grade or is it a possibility that I'll get a lower grade?

Given that you may get a lower grade or a higher grade upon resubmission, you gotta ask yourself one question:  "Do I feel lucky?"

Well, do ya, Parker?

Ivy Style

On 6/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, pbparker said:

I've recently been seeing the new cgc custom logos, I have a couple high graded comics that I would like to change to the newer logo, if I resubmit it, will I keep the same grade or is it a possibility that I'll get a lower grade?

If you do a reholder (Just reslabbed, not graded) it should come back the same unless its been damaged in the current holder.  For example a slab is sent in the mail and it gets cracked and somehow creases the cover.   

On 6/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, comicquant said:

If you do a reholder (Just reslabbed, not graded) it should come back the same unless its been damaged in the current holder.  For example a slab is sent in the mail and it gets cracked and somehow creases the cover.   

Is that an option to get a new custom label?

• Administrator
On 6/30/2022 at 7:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

@CGC Mike, is it possible to request a custom label for a re-holder?

You can as long as it is a current label.  You would pay the reholder fee plus the custom label fee.  

On 7/6/2022 at 6:22 PM, comicquant said:

I believe so

Thanks going to san Diego comic con, I have a walking dead 1 cgc  9.8 and 8 cgc 10, want the custom label on it, just for the looks

On 7/7/2022 at 11:44 AM, pbparker said:

Thanks going to san Diego comic con, I have a walking dead 1 cgc  9.8 and 8 cgc 10, want the custom label on it, just for the looks

Not sure if you wanted Walking Dead themed custom labels, but those are listed as “retired”.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7873/