• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Relative scarcity of Action Comics 1-20?

57 posts in this topic

speak of the devil, eh? looks like it will go for more than I'm willing to pony up, sadly. Already 2x guide.

Why the edit?

I've always like the cover to Action #12. It's definately one of my favorites. thumbsup2.gif

Well, looks like the Action #12 ended up going for over $2,200 in the end. 893whatthe.gif

Not a bad multiple for a raw book since the Good price is listed at only $471 and the VG price is listed at only $942. Looks like we don't really need CGC to spike up the prices when it comes to high demand hard-to-find classic GA books.

What is everybody else's opinion on this final ending price of $2,225.? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

speak of the devil, eh? looks like it will go for more than I'm willing to pony up, sadly. Already 2x guide.

Why the edit?

I've always like the cover to Action #12. It's definately one of my favorites. thumbsup2.gif

Well, looks like the Action #12 ended up going for over $2,200 in the end. 893whatthe.gif

Not a bad multiple for a raw book since the Good price is listed at only $471 and the VG price is listed at only $942. Looks like we don't really need CGC to spike up the prices when it comes to high demand hard-to-find classic GA books.

What is everybody else's opinion on this final ending price of $2,225.? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here is more proof of your theory link

I have seen every single one of these books (as well as the rest of the collection) and an estimate of both grade and value and at least 4 are at or over guide right now and they were posted less than 24 hours ago with 6 days left!

To paraphrase Field of Dreams

"If they want it they will bid!" popcorn.gif

Shockingly high, especially for ebay. Somebody really needed this one for a run, I suppose. All it takes is two die-hards to tango, I suppose.

I guess you was right about the two die-hards. The underbidder chased the winning bidder all the way from the $1,200 range up to the $2,200 range without being able to top his original bid.

Just curious as to how high the the winning bidder's max bid would have been set at for this copy of Action Comics #12? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Shockingly high, especially for ebay. Somebody really needed this one for a run, I suppose. All it takes is two die-hards to tango, I suppose.

I guess you was right about the two die-hards. The underbidder chased the winning bidder all the way from the $1,200 range up to the $2,200 range without being able to top his original bid.

Just curious as to how high the the winning bidder's max bid would have been set at for this copy of Action Comics #12? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interestingly, I was just emailed that the 2 bidders over me had thier bids fall through- and that I could still purchase the book at my initial top bid, about half of the old finishing price. Very curious indeed....

It's funny to see that he refers to comics as floppies. lol

Since he's got the Action 12 and 14 sandwich up for sale here, I wondered if he's keeping the meat or Action 13 for himself. hm