• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine "origin"

39 posts in this topic

I just bought a set of adamantium kitchen knives...they're really sharp...you can cut beer cans in half or make wafer-thin tomato slices.

I paid extra for the Adamantium/Vibranium alloy ones.

I hear those are dishwasher safe.

I just bought a set of adamantium kitchen knives...they're really sharp...you can cut beer cans in half or make wafer-thin tomato slices.

I paid extra for the Adamantium/Vibranium alloy ones.

I hear those are dishwasher safe.

With the right detergent, yes

Bigger question. I stopped reading Wolverine in the '90s.

How does he die? Thought he died in "Enemy of the State" (but just kidding). And then missed "Old Man Wolverine" and "Death of Wolverine."

As best I can recall, Tigershark came close to killing him by drowning him, and Thanos killed him in the Infinity Gauntlet series by turning his skeleton to rubber.

Can someone please tell me if there is any way to read the Wolverine "Origin" series that recently came out. Also, any background information as to why that was such a special series.

Thanks!

The best way to get the full experience of reading 'Origin' is to go out to your car, open the door, slam your head in the jamb approximately 4-5 times, then have your wife repeatedly kick you in the nuts while saying "I'M JOE Q, B**CH - YOU'LL TAKE IT AND LIKE IT"

Finally, top it off by pouring bleach in your eyes while listening to rap music at 85 decibels. Then you will have the same effect as reading that heaping, steaming turdpile known as 'Origins'.

I wish I had just done this instead of reading One More Day/Brand New Day, or hearing Dan Slott blathering about how the Doc Ock-in-Peter's-body was the way things were going to be permanently, no going back, not a marketing scheme, not a ploy...

When was the first time we learned of the adamantium injections?

it's been many years since I read it, but I believe it started here. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me

I've heard others mention Alpha Flight #33 or Wolverine 10. (shrug)

it's been many years since I read it, but I believe it started here. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me

I'd have to go back to those two issues but I definitely remember the adamantium injections in the story line that started in MCP 72

I'd have to back to those two issues but I definitely remember the adamantium injections in storyline that started in MCP 72

Wolverine #10 is a pre adamantium story. Features Wolverine's birthday and Sabretooth offering his own special present to him.

Marvel Comics Presents #72 - 84 is the story of how Wolverine got his adamantium.

Origin #1 - 6 tells the history of his and Sabretooth's family. They were half brothers. His healing factor, enhanced senses, and claws were his mutations.

The healing factor allows the adamantium to bond to his skeleton without killing him.

So as much as the Wolvie movie got ripped on - they actually did a pretty good job telling all these events and interweaving all these stories together pretty seamlessly (shrug)

Yes, pretty good, except the memory loss/Deadpool/Gambit mess which they retconned in.