• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why can't I start any "new topics" when I go to this website on my PC?

6 posts in this topic

Basically every time I go to the chatroom on my PC there's no button saying, "Start new topic" where there was before. It tells me to sign in, but when I do that it takes me away from the chat board and back to the main site. But when I go back to the chat board it's like I'm signed out again and can't start a new topic. I'm only able to do this with my phone.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:26 AM, Travaran said:

Basically every time I go to the chatroom on my PC there's no button saying, "Start new topic" where there was before. It tells me to sign in, but when I do that it takes me away from the chat board and back to the main site. But when I go back to the chat board it's like I'm signed out again and can't start a new topic. I'm only able to do this with my phone.

Sign out of the site, clear cookies, close all browsers, relaunch site and log in. 

Happened to me the other day and drove me nuts for a few seconds. 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, KB81 said:

Sign out of the site, clear cookies, close all browsers, relaunch site and log in. 

Happened to me the other day and drove me nuts for a few seconds. 

It happens to me regularly.  I resolve it by signing out, and then signing back in. I have not yet had to close all browsers and clear cookies.  You may want to try just signing out and then back in first, just because it’s easier. If that doesn’t do it, then clearing cookies and closing browsers should do it.

That happens on my computer too.  Like SOTI said, when it takes you away from the Forums and over to CGC to sign in, you have to sign OUT first, and THEN sign in, and then when you go back to the Forums, you should be good.

On 7/5/2022 at 10:14 AM, Travaran said:

FIXED! I just cleared my browser history and and now I can start new topics :D Thanks for the advice guys 

And there was much rejoicing. 

Yay.