• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1960's

25 posts in this topic

Anybody read in the NY Post today about Tom Wolfe appearing in an episode of the Simpsons. Tom Wolfe said that the only honor better than appearing as a character in the Simpsons was his appearance in a 1969 issue of Dr. Strange.

Hey on a side note I bought by first 1960s OA cover today......try to guess what it is.....I'll give you a hint even you'd be impressed. It puts your collection to shame. I'll post mine if you post yours. poke2.gif

I love the color white. It says so much. cloud9.gif

If you are using a dark screen backgroud hiding text in white doesn't work anymore.

poke2.gif

If you are using a dark screen backgroud hiding text in white doesn't work anymore.

poke2.gif

sign-rantpost.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

sign-rantpost.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gif

WHITE TEXT ROCKS!!!! KRAZYKAT IS A POOPYPANTS!!!!

thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

1960's art is still underappreciated. Only Andy Warhol seems to get any credit.

Actually there are a lot of um. I just can't think of any of thier names. Sign of old age I guess. Warhol does seem to get mentioned the most of all of them though.

How bout that guy that did psychodelic kind of art. Max something? He was pretty popular.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually there are a lot of um. I just can't think of any of thier names. Sign of old age I guess. Warhol does seem to get mentioned the most of all of them though.

How bout that guy that did psychodelic kind of art. Max something? He was pretty popular.

PETER MAX thumbsup2.gif

Maybe people have to come to the realization that the 60s didn't produce an artist deserving of long lasting appeal?

Even Peter Max seems dated and irrelevant these days....

Hell...I'd put Terry Gilliam above Peter Max... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim