• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1960's

25 posts in this topic

No offense,Jim, but you've been out of touch with the US art scene if you think Peter Max is dated. His art work is more popular than just about any time since 1969.I was just offered five figure for a serio-litograph

remarqe that I paid $750 for less than eight years ago.

Btw-Lichenstien is a poor imitator of Neal Adams,imho.

Lichtenstein was interesting. Crossover appeal?

I liked Lichtenstein's work 15 years before I found comics. Guess I was just predisposed to enjoying comic art. BTW - Fuelman and Goldust are correct.... go back to the comic art forum, krazykat. Bad kitty.

Maybe...but mine's a personal opinion. I think those buying Max are children of the 60s with massive disposible income who remember the 60s fondly than people who are looking at his art as masterpieces...

Jim

I think his work for the RainForest Foudation and U2 has brought him a new generation of fans.

On Monday,I was in his gallery inside the Forums at Ceasars Palace and there were folks from a huge spectrum of demographic groups.Of course,most were either browsing

or buying $12 posters.But having a gallery there would be an indication of his popularity.

Will he be considered an American Van Gogh in two hundred years? Who cares,we'll be dead.