• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Fantastic Four Annual 6
2 2

8 posts in this topic

The next to last of my square bound books in the grading candidates pile. In some respects, this book look quite nice as square bound books go. Clean. Color rub around staples isn't pronounced. Of course, there are two obvious defects. The crease on the font cover and a scuff/?abrasion? on the back cover. Oh, what could have been. This is one of the areas where I have the most trouble b/c the grades <7.0 seem less objective with terms like "moderate" and "several" being not well-defined enough IMO. I would say this is a very attractive book (if you put your hand over the top right corner and don't pay too much attention to advertisements), but I fear there's no escaping some low grade.

FF-ann6.jpg

FF-ann6-a.jpg

FF-ann6-b.jpg

FF-ann6-c.jpg

FF-ann6-d.jpg

FF-ann6-e.jpg

FF-ann6-f.jpg

FF-ann6-g.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 7/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, Geoff2099 said:

I was at a 6.0 until I saw that piece missing (tape pull?) from the back cover. 5.0. Don't feel bad, I have a copy of that book that is pretty good except for staining which CGC will hammer the hell out of. ;(

Stains are the new bane of my existence now. Someone posted a ASM238 that looked great from the front, but had a substantial water stain on the back. So, I was compelled to show my Iron Fist 14 that has a small stain that's not obvious unless you're looking for it, and some light water stain on the back cover. Looks like it could have gone over 9, but landed at a 5.5

Everyone pretty much nailed this one. The one big crease and the tape pull are the difference between this and a really sharp copy. I guess the foxing doesn't help either.

light finger bends on cover
light foxing to cover
light paper lift center of back cover
light, multiple finger creases front cover
moderate crease right top of front cover

FantasticFour-Ann6.jpg