• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Fear 19
3 3

10 posts in this topic

I've got several more mainstream 1st appearances in the queue (most of which are in better condition than my square bound books 😌), but it's Friday so how about a character that I care about more than most people do instead? Why do I like Howard the Duck? No idea. Didn't see the movie back in the day (in retrospect, that might have helped...), only 1 random Marvel Team-Up book in my childhood collection, but here we are with an oddly complete early Howard & Man-Thing collection. Picked up all the Fears circa 2000, sadly unlike some of the Morbius issues, no Mark Jewelers here 😢

Only note from an up close visual inspection is that the dark spot near the 2 in 20¢ symbol appears to be a printing error/ink drip to my eye (not a stain or grunge). Seems like another of those books that has sales all over the map, even in similar grades. I'm pretty happy with this one.

Fear19.jpg

Fear19-a.jpg

Fear19-b.jpg

Fear19-c.jpg

Fear19-d.jpg

Fear19-e.jpg

Fear19-f.jpg

Fear19-in.jpg

Edited by scburdet

I see it as a 7.5 with room to be squashed and scrubbed to an 8.0, maybe 8.5.

Thanks for posting.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, Mars76 said:

8.0 as is

getting the full c&p treatment. Praying for no invisible stains. Got a shocker back on a Marvel Premiere 28 that looks 8-9, at worse 7.5, but apparently has a stain (that I can't ID), so all the way down to 6.5