• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is an X-Men 1 CGC 3.5 a Smart Buy at $10k?
2 2

85 posts in this topic

I have this being offered to me at $10k cash. I have the money available and it won’t hinder me financially but that doesn’t mean I want to be reckless. I know GPA shows the last sale at $15k but one ended on eBay 6/26 for $11,950. It was on GPA for a few days but has since been removed as I don’t think the sale went through. I don’t think it has been pressed, but also don’t know that getting one would really help. I’ve asked a few guys I trust but their opinions vary from “risky” to “Absolutely!”. Thoughts? 

A76DE047-EF1B-4D62-A0E2-E8B48C38C6F4.jpeg

D9DE43C7-9463-4305-9DA1-0F64BE550209.jpeg

81EB4DE6-978C-41F0-9DA7-90FC256D119A.jpeg

Seems like a good deal to me...I would be a bit worried about the C/OW pages potentially impacting a future resale though.

I'm not sure how many people avoid C/OW pages on big keys like this book, but it is something to consider...maybe some other folks can weigh in on this?

It presents very nicely for a 3.5!

If it won’t hinder you financially as you stated, it should really be an easy decision. Major key book that you can afford now may not be so easy to afford later. Unless your intention was a quick flip, I don’t see how this book would be a mistake long term 

On 7/8/2022 at 9:09 PM, KPR Comics said:

100% no brainer.

Is it though?  I don’t think any significant purchase is a no brainer right now.   3.5s could be selling for 7k in a month from now.   Market is pretty uncertain at the moment.  Do I think X-Men 1 will eventually see another significant spike when they enter the MCU?  It’s a good bet that it will, and a medium/long term hold will allow the buyer to capitalize on that seemingly inevitable eventuality.   The question is how much the book will drop in the meantime.....

I would do it.  

The market it falling right now, but no one can predict how much further it will go.

In a year from now this may look like a big discount.  

It's a pretty book with the darker green box and your getting it at a discount. I would go for it! 

@Hey Kids, Comics! i sold the book on feebay that was on gpa for a minute, then disappeared, which you mentioned. it's a long story, but there were no shenanigans. it sold for 11.6k privately. i'd say 10k is a good deal for this book, though mine had owwp which i do think are more desirable and my book also presented extremely well for the grade.