• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Avengers 57
3 3

12 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2022 at 4:42 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

So this is what I see ...Clone Wars # 1  CGC 9.8   going for about 2,000.00

Clone Wars  # 1  CGC  9.6   going for about 1,350.00

P.S.   It's just a matter of time before I pick up a copy but O.M.G.  I hate paying that much but I gotta gets me one.......looks like a 9.6 for me.....I'm not paying no 2 grand.

I'm not expecting mine to come back at a 9.8, I won't complain if it does. I've said it before, but the paying a premium for 9.8s seems crazy to me when the same book could come back with a 9.6 depending on the how well the grader slept the night before. It's not quite buying it cover price b/c I took a break from buying Star Wars comics for most of the Dark Horse era, but I snagged a copy for $60 in late 2019 or early 2020. I remember balking at buying the variant cover, which was a few hundred dollars raw. That does not seem to have been justified hesitation. For today's prices, I'd rather get a mid-grade GS X-Men

My C&P guy was envious of my copy b/c he sacrificed a lot of his PC to create inventory to open his comic store and accidentally put his Clone Wars 1 in the back issue bins. He's apparently been looking for an affordable copy since. I suppose if mine gets "lost" at CGC I will know who to suspect lol