• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC partnering with FedEx... need guidance and reassurance

8 posts in this topic

Anyone else concerned with the reliability (or lack thereof) of FedEx? I've heard so many horror stories about peoples' packages getting stolen by neighborhood thieves or even the delivery drivers themselves, and then FedEx not even doing anything to make things right for customers. Can anyone shed any light and encouragement while I contemplate grading some cards?

I would say if one has concerns, in addition to posting in a public discussion forum (which is certainly reasonable) that CGC may or may not read, there may be some benefit to contacting CGC customer service and letting them know their sentiments.  If enough people do so, it may engender change.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:46 AM, Truly said:

@shadroch if you dont mind me asking, where are you located? Im in Sacramento CA. Just want to gauge if the likelihood of theft varies from city to city/state to state. 

I'm in rural southeast rizona but used them when I lived on Long Island, in Queens and in Las Vegas, as well.

I've never had trouble with FedEx. In my opinion they do a wonderful job, and the added benefit of partnering with them allows a certain level of additional protection through insurance of your collectibles. Only cavate is that there is always a required signature at delivery, so make sure you are home on delivery day 😉 

In 30 years of receiving shipped items I've never had any lost or any major issue from USPS. Every time I've had a major issue or lost items it's been Fedex or UPS.  My opinion yet another slap in the face from CGC.