• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

perhaps I am getting paranoid, but...

10 posts in this topic

Just looking at this auction on Heritage, and the right side of the book seems oddly uneven (sorry about the phraseology there). Look closely at the green "saturn" portion - it is not straight and seems to curve in (although I realize that the color contrast is adding to this) - could this have been manuctured this way?

Dan

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/vie...impa15111#Photo

Just looking at this auction on Heritage, and the right side of the book seems oddly uneven (sorry about the phraseology there). Look closely at the green "saturn" portion - it is not straight and seems to curve in (although I realize that the color contrast is adding to this) - could this have been manuctured this way?

Dan

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/vie...impa15111#Photo

I can't see anything wrong with it, apart from all those ink spots along the cover edges, but presumably this was a printer's thing and must be on all copies? confused-smiley-013.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's a generous NM 9.4 too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that too, I'd swear it's got a little chipping on the right side

While I can see why it got a 9.4 (but could have easily been a 9.2), it's flat out BUTTUGLY. blush.gif

I can understand that a little bit of distributor ink shouldn't affect the grade, but if I had bought that book from a small scan, I would want to throw it in the trash.

NASTY foreheadslap.gif

It is pretty even. There IS some chipping where the heavier ink is on the Saturn image, but it is even. Bring it into something as basic as Microsoft Paint and use the Marquee tool to outline that edge and you will see it actually is straight.

yeah, you're being paranoid. cgc may be too generous on the occasional 9.4, but they don't miss blatantly obvious trimming, otherwise where would half the PLODs be? no, it's the really good ewertonian job of trimming that i guess they sometimes miss. nothing you're too likely to spot unless you have a before and after picture. comparing your copy to the copy for sale is insufficient because these comics were cut poorly at the printers and have tremendous variations.