• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay saved searches have become complete noise
5 5

42 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

I believe Conan @mycomicshop touched on this in his latest over street market report but ebay basically consolidated all of their comic categories into one or two huge categories encompassing everything. So instead of searching for "amazing spider-man 1" and getting filtered down to these categories: Collectibles-> Comic Books-> Silver Age Comics-> Amazing Spider-Man, you just have the 1st giant category of comic books + manga.

This has been a real issue for sellers as well since our listings are getting buried under results that don't actually match what you are searching for. Searching for "Amazing Spider-Man #1" brings up mostly junk even though their are plenty of Silver Age #1's available. 

I know we have been trying to include the publication year in our ebay titles to try and help people out so they can search "amazing spider-man 1 1963" and get slightly better results.

All in all, it was a system that was pretty good and didn't need to be changed.

haha  I wondered where I drill down to select Golden or Silver like I used to... but its GONE! thanx

On 8/1/2022 at 4:56 PM, Lightning55 said:

Yes, but if he excludes the keywords that are bringing up the wrong item, he also loses the correct items.  By eliminating the seller who has the wrong item, he leaves his keywords intact and gets rid of that guy's annoying non-compliant item.

got it.  I didn't read the issue well enough.