• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Zatanna 16
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

New to the chat board. I picked up this copy of Zatanna 16 today and I'm considering submitting it. It has a handful of spine ticks, some scratches on the back of the spine as well as some scratches near one of her legs. I would definitely get it pressed with CCS as part of my submission. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their thoughts on what the grade would be in its currently condition and what it might get after going to CCS?

Thank you for your time.

IMG_8371.jpg

IMG_8372.jpg

IMG_8373.jpg

IMG_8374.jpg

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

IMG_8377.jpg

IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

IMG_8380.jpg

I am pro-C&P just to make sure books are clean and have any minor (i.e. barely visible and even not visible in photos) handling defects ironed out. From what I can see, there is only 1 little bend on the back that definitely could be removed. I can see enough white on the small spine and corner defects that there won't be much benefit on those. I'm going with 9.0-9.2. 8.5 if the grader was harsh. I don't think this one can get to a 9.4

Agree with above on pressing items.   While a 9.0 is possible, I feel its an 8.5 with a quality C&P - as last 6 months CGC seems to be very strict on Modern Books.  If you still decide to go ahead on this I recommend using a private presser otherwise it might only be an 8.0.

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/14/2022 at 9:27 AM, MAR1979 said:

Agree with above on pressing items.   While a 9.0 is possible, I feel its an 8.5 with a quality C&P - as last 6 months CGC seems to be very strict on Modern Books.  If you still decide to go ahead on this I recommend using a private presser otherwise it might only be an 8.0.

I agree with private pressing, if nothing else, it's going to make the process *MUCH* longer using CCS. TBF, they're quite fast with the private signing pressing, which I understand is a quasi-separate operation, but I don't have enough data to assess how reliable they are compared to regular CCS. My experience has been good so far with signed book pressing, getting expected or higher than expect grades on everything with the exception of 1 book that was stain and therefore probably not "fixable" by any C&Per. It does seem to be pretty universal that the newer the book is, the less forgiving CGC is on little defects, which also makes sense.

8.0 thereabouts with color-breaking spine ticks, some back cover color rub and scratches.

C&P for 9.0.

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the boards.