• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best sales venue for raw PCH reader grade books

21 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2022 at 9:42 PM, rjpb said:

It does seem the auction method brings out the flakes on ebay. I see stuff relisted or get second chance offers sent to me regularly. Selling items as BIN I rarely have buyers flake on me. Maybe GA and pulps don't attract as many deadbeats, but in selling well over 1000 items on ebay in the last several years, I've probably only had about 3 or 4 non-payers. I've had a couple returns for flimsy reasons like "decided I didn't want it", and a few slow to pay buyers, but haven't really had the hassles with buyers many seem to have experience with on ebay. Maybe I've just been lucky. 

I would have to guess that you are definitely selling stuff that attracts either more mature collectors or collectors who are a little better organizing their finances. I am getting close to whittling down my record collection to about 100 of my more valuable albums that I'm just going to sit on as BINs (I don't want to bother risking them on auction), and you can set it up that a buyer has to pay right when they hit it - getting rid of the deadbeat factor, which is nice.