• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Williamson Star Wars strips in upcoming Hake's
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Yeah, vomiting has commenced. My only hope is the two whales punishing the top two Vader pieces cash each other out leaving room for the plebs to grab an under. But, yeah, not gonna happen.

Another reason to consign to Hakes, currently 15% bp if paid by check and no sales tax at checkout (for me anyway).

My high bid was 18K, lost out on the one I wanted. Exercised some discipline tonight and stayed within budget but I already regret not stretching for 20

Edited by Race

On 7/27/2022 at 6:38 PM, Race said:

My high bid was 18K, lost out on the one I wanted. Exercised some discipline tonight and stayed within budget but I already regret not stretching for 20

Yup, I struggled with the last one that sold, number 10. I had the bid entered and everything but couldn't hit submit. 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:40 PM, cstojano said:

Yup, I struggled with the last one that sold, number 10. I had the bid entered and everything but couldn't hit submit. 

Lost the sandcrawler strip and 2nd choice was 10 b/c of the 3rd and 5th panels... man am really going to hate myself if either pops up for sale in a week. At least I can drool over the reprints in the catalog...

Edited by Race

On 7/27/2022 at 9:41 PM, cstojano said:

Some vintage SW results were pretty light. I think the Rocketfett was a big fail.

I think it suffered from some questions about grade but, primarily, you CANNOT call something the holy grail most rare thing in the entire hobby...and then auction different ones in 3-4 consecutive auctions. The six-figure+ buying pool in vintage Star Wars action figures is only so deep. Pulling out a couple of underbidders can have some serious impact.