• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bought in 1995 dont know what i have all singles white borders
2 2

16 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2022 at 3:13 PM, stingrayjodi said:

i have had these cards since 1995 they have never been played.  i have scanned them with tcg player but every time i get different information.  I have 242 singles. i am ready to sell. any help or interest?

Post pictures. Given that you acquired them in 1995 and they're white-bordered, they're going to either be Unlimited, Revised, or 4th Edition. In all likelihood, they're Revised or 4th Edition because the print runs were multiple orders of magnitude larger than that of Unlimited.

There are other sites, but you can look up sold prices on eBay to get an idea of potential prices.

obviously condition is a factor as well.

if you don’t want to think or work too much, just take a bunch of pictures, post a list, and sell them in one big lot on eBay in an auction.  The market determines the price and you only deal with one package and one buyer.

probably doesn’t maximize the money, but you save on time, which also has a lot of value

Edited by revat

On 7/20/2022 at 1:06 AM, revat said:

There are other sites, but you can look up sold prices on eBay to get an idea of potential prices.

obviously condition is a factor as well.

if you don’t want to think or work too much, just take a bunch of pictures, post a list, and sell them in one big lot on eBay in an auction.  The market determines the price and you only deal with one package and one buyer.

probably doesn’t maximize the money, but you save on time, which also has a lot of value

On 7/19/2022 at 2:13 PM, stingrayjodi said:

i have had these cards since 1995 they have never been played.  i have scanned them with tcg player but every time i get different information.  I have 242 singles. i am ready to sell. any help or interest?

the thing is, i dont know what to look for to be able to tell the differences of the cards.  i read there is a rounded corner, and a semi rounded corner, on the white borders, mine have no date, just a name, i also read that the place ment of the name at the bottom is either high or low, its confusing to someone who knows nothing.  these cards have never been played i have had them put away all this time from the da i got them so i am not knowledgeable enough to determine what they are so i dont know how to look up values on ebay.  i really need guidance for knowledge of what they are and what deck they are from and what they are.  im sorry to bother everyone with my lack of knowledge and ask for help but i really think some of these cards are good for someone, and i dont need them.  if this is not allowed im sorry and let me know ill take it off.  otherwise if anyone can help me find out what i have i would appreciate it.  thanks a bunch

On 7/19/2022 at 10:09 PM, zorloth said:

Post pictures. Given that you acquired them in 1995 and they're white-bordered, they're going to either be Unlimited, Revised, or 4th Edition. In all likelihood, they're Revised or 4th Edition because the print runs were multiple orders of magnitude larger than that of Unlimited.

i bought them from a dealer at a card show in dallas.  it may have even been 1994. i dont remember. i dont even know the difference between revised or 4th edition or unlimited.  he said some were alpha?  im not sure which ones or what to look for.  when i scanned them some came back as revised, fourth, summer magic, beta edition, international edition, battle royale box set, alpha edition, antiquities, fifth edition, commander streets of new, timeshifted, world championship decks special, etc. and most of them had n/a on value or price.  so i dunno.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, stingrayjodi said:

i bought them from a dealer at a card show in dallas.  it may have even been 1994. i dont remember. i dont even know the difference between revised or 4th edition or unlimited.  he said some were alpha?  im not sure which ones or what to look for.  when i scanned them some came back as revised, fourth, summer magic, beta edition, international edition, battle royale box set, alpha edition, antiquities, fifth edition, commander streets of new, timeshifted, world championship decks special, etc. and most of them had n/a on value or price.  so i dunno.

i hate to sound stupid about these but i guess i am.  my love of collecting is with nhra and some nascar, so i really dont even know why i bought these lol but i really feel someone can use these cards.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, stingrayjodi said:
On 7/19/2022 at 10:09 PM, zorloth said:

You seem to have missed the most important part of the post you quoted. Perhaps this will help.

this is the first time i have ever joined in a chat and did not know i would ever need to do this.  i am new to all of this so if i did something wrong sorry, just trying to find some help with something i know nothing about to try and save these for someone because when i die things like all of these collections of stuff i have kept over the years will be thrown away, given away or whatever whoever decides to do.  i never thought trying to get help would come to anyone as a bad experience and result with no help, but hey, i guess i should have had someone else help me out in joining a chat to get help so i asked the right questions and did the right things, so if i did it wrong then i will move on.  thanks for the time.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:51 PM, Withering Wind said:

They look like they are all revised, mostly common with some uncommons. The two notable cards are Sol Ring and Demonic Tutor.

and so what do i do with any of these?  thanks for your reply but ive never delt with any of this so that tells me nothing. im sorry i appreciate your time but i dont know  what any of that means

I recently lucked into a similar sized lot of these same Revised cards that had been untouched for nearly 30 years not too long ago, and here's how I went about selling them. 

I sold a couple of rare "Wheel of Fortune" cards that had unusually high value ($350 to $400 each) because they stopped issuing that particular card with the revised set, plus a 40 card lot of regular rares for $100, and a small 20 card lot of uncommons for about $20. (I still have a larger lot of about 80 uncommons to sell, I've just been too lazy to type out all the titles.)

Even though these were all sold on Ebay just a few months back, unfortunately the only description still up at Ebay is for the cheap uncommon lot, but feel free to use this description format for selling your own cards. Just customize it to the exact cards you have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325203171166

Here's the official Magic webpage I used to separate out the rares from the uncommons

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&set=+["Revised Edition"]

Good luck!

On 7/21/2022 at 12:36 AM, jdandns said:

I recently lucked into a similar sized lot of these same Revised cards that had been untouched for nearly 30 years not too long ago, and here's how I went about selling them. 

I sold a couple of rare "Wheel of Fortune" cards that had unusually high value ($350 to $400 each) because they stopped issuing that particular card with the revised set, plus a 40 card lot of regular rares for $100, and a small 20 card lot of uncommons for about $20. (I still have a larger lot of about 80 uncommons to sell, I've just been too lazy to type out all the titles.)

Even though these were all sold on Ebay just a few months back, unfortunately the only description still up at Ebay is for the cheap uncommon lot, but feel free to use this description format for selling your own cards. Just customize it to the exact cards you have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325203171166

Here's the official Magic webpage I used to separate out the rares from the uncommons

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&set=+["Revised Edition"]

Good luck!

i really appreciate your time and help.  thank you