• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Isom#1 Rippaverse
1 1

202 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2022 at 3:05 PM, Mmanick said:

Without getting into politics is anyone going to be buying this one ? I've already placed a pull at my lcs for it. I think it looks pretty good and am glad to see a cool approach once again in comics.

Was going to pick up a copy of the regular cover (which is now sold out) here......but the $35 cost plus tax and shipping turned into almost $50.

Looks interesting though.....and I like the idea and concept......but that was a bit too much for me to spend on a new comic.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Was going to pick up a copy of the regular cover (which is now sold out) here......but the $35 cost plus tax and shipping turned into almost $50.

Looks interesting though.....and I like the idea and concept......but that was a bit too much for me to spend on a new comic.

It definitely went up quickly. The lcs I'm getting it from told me they would be @ 4.99

On 7/22/2022 at 3:16 PM, Mmanick said:

It definitely went up quickly. The lcs I'm getting it from told me they would be @ 4.99

Interesting.  That's their direct campaign that a news story provided a link for.  That's how I found it.  I wonder why it's so expensive there.

It says they've pulled in over $3,000,000 on a campaign goal of just $100,000.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:19 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Interesting.  That's their direct campaign that a news story provided a link for.  That's how I found it.  I wonder why it's so expensive there.

It says they've pulled in over $3,000,000 on a campaign goal of just $100,000.

Yeah I saw that. I have a feeling this is going to be a kick arse old school type of story. I'm thinking maybe so it's so people don't try and spec buy only the 1st issue. I'm not sure maybe you check an lcs around that will potentially do a pull list on it?

On 7/22/2022 at 2:11 PM, D84 said:

I ordered one. Story looks interesting and I wanted to support a fellow Texan.

Also, he said he is leaving political grandstanding out of his comics.

I agree definitely looks interesting. I'll definitely be buying a copy. did you buy off the site or through an lcs ?

Edited by Mmanick

On 7/22/2022 at 5:09 PM, Mmanick said:

I agree definitely looks interesting. Like I'll be buying did you buy off the site or through an lcs ?

I didn't know they're being sold through an lcs, so I pre-ordered day one from the website. 

On 7/22/2022 at 3:52 PM, D84 said:

I didn't know they're being sold through an lcs, so I pre-ordered day one from the website. 

An lcs I spoke to told me they were going to have a pull list for it 

Thanks

$35 a pop - and already sold 30,000+ copies.

Nice work if you can get it.

I'm sure I'm missing something (shrug)

On 7/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, Beige said:

Thanks

$35 a pop - and already sold 30,000+ copies.

Nice work if you can get it.

I'm sure I'm missing something (shrug)

I think these are going to be hard to attain to be honest brother if you don't get them soon. Alot of people are wanting these right now.

Why has this done so well? What's behind the hype on this project? 

On 7/23/2022 at 11:56 AM, Mmanick said:

I believe it's the story, art that looks excellent. Much different then what comics have turned into. 

The art did look good. 

On 7/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, Cat said:

Why has this done so well? What's behind the hype on this project? 

Without regard to my personal feelings on the issue, I do suspect the political element encouraged quite a few of the book's supporters, just as it was responsible for the burst in interest/market value for Cyberfrog books a little while back.