• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY directed by the Russo brothers (2026)
11 11

472 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2024 at 11:24 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

It depends on what storyline they're actually doing. If they're doing the 2015 Secret Wars, it's Victor (God Emperor Doom). If it's Earth 11029, it's Stark as Doom.

If it's the Beyonder stuff, who knows? Either could work. The Beyonder could see Tony in everyone's minds when he pulls everyone to Battleworld but because he's dead in Earth 616 the Beyonder could pull him from Earth 11029 instead.

I think they should pivot to Earth 8675309, wherein he plays Tony’s long lost brother, Leon Stork, who was hidden from his father at birth to protect him from the Emperor.

On 7/28/2024 at 11:16 AM, mattn792 said:

I think they should pivot to Earth 8675309, wherein he plays Tony’s long lost brother, Leon Stork, who was hidden from his father at birth to protect him from the Emperor.

With Gwyneth Paltrow as "Jennie" Potts

On 7/28/2024 at 3:47 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

If they stick to the comics, we might not even see that much of RDJ - it will mostly be voice acting. Depends on how they plan to do it.

This Doom will be connected to Stark somehow.

Edited by drotto

On 7/28/2024 at 12:47 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

If they stick to the comics, we might not even see that much of RDJ - it will mostly be voice acting. Depends on how they plan to do it.

That was my first thought as well.  There's no reason you'd see his face, unless it's included as part of his origin in the movie. 

On 7/28/2024 at 5:34 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

SpanishLaugh.gif

RayLiota.gif

I think we romanticize the abilities of many comic book writers who are writing for "us" over a broader audience. 

Even Deadpool 3 just ridiculed the fans clamoring for a "short" Wolverine.  It looks ridiculous on screen. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/28/2024 at 6:18 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think we romanticize the abilities of many comic book writers who are writing for "us" over a broader audience. 

Even Deadpool 3 just ridiculed the fans clamoring for a "short" Wolverine.  It looks ridiculous on screen. 

why is a short wolverine ridiculous?

On 7/29/2024 at 12:35 PM, WolverineX said:

why is a short wolverine ridiculous?

An entire audience in Deadpool laughed out loud at the absurdity of the visual.  We are a niche group as avid comic book collectors.  And even there are some of us that look at that as an absurdity.  There are quite a few "comic book standards or ideas" that would not translate well and in my opinion in the case of an entire audience in a packed movie theater, the prospect of that idea was one of them. 

On 7/29/2024 at 1:23 PM, Buzzetta said:

An entire audience in Deadpool laughed out loud at the absurdity of the visual.  We are a niche group as avid comic book collectors.  And even there are some of us that look at that as an absurdity.  There are quite a few "comic book standards or ideas" that would not translate well and in my opinion in the case of an entire audience in a packed movie theater, the prospect of that idea was one of them. 

Guess body shaming men is still  funny in our society.  (shrug) Spiderman is short.  No one ever really thinks that's absurd. 

On 7/29/2024 at 2:23 PM, WolverineX said:

Guess body shaming men is still  funny in our society.  (shrug) Spiderman is short.  No one ever really thinks that's absurd. 

Err...did you see the movie? He looked ridiculous.

On 7/29/2024 at 2:23 PM, WolverineX said:

lol You really think this is about body shaming?  Okay, fine, it's about body shaming.  Whatever, Cool. 

He looked absurdly ridiculous to the likes of which I am still laughing at in my mind as I think about the visual while writing this post. 

On 7/28/2024 at 7:16 PM, mattn792 said:

Leon and Tony Stork.  Is this from the Spider-Ham universe?

On 7/29/2024 at 2:31 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Leon and Tony Stork.  Is this from the Spider-Ham universe?

That was Noodles Stark 

Premium Vector | Wierd cartoon face, absolute crazy numskull portrait,  vector illustration.