• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU Phase 6 details

29 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2024 at 6:09 PM, MattTheDuck said:

If “guaranteed hits” were possible it seems like that’s all any studio would make.

Studios who have released a movie that bombed:

the-simpsons-why-didnt-i-think-of-that.gif.d5fad8d401b7451432f4952535bd4de0.gif

If guaranteed hits were the point I don't think we ever would have got Iron Man to begin with. 

On 3/14/2024 at 4:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

They can focus on "guaranteed hits"  but with poor writing and terrible execution I don't think any film/TV show they make with any of their properties will be guaranteed to be a hit.

On 3/15/2024 at 9:49 AM, paperheart said:

when Avengers remake?

Young Avengers or all female Avengers team? Either way, action figures and statues will still sell for M-she-U.

When you think you know what a "guaranteed hit" is, you've officially crossed over to the same life outlook as the guy selling aluminum siding to elderly people. Which, is one step above the 'I'll Suck Yo D*%$' Crackhead Scene from Menace 2 Society, and two steps above 'Rock Bottom'.

When Disney says 'Captain Marvel 3' is off the board, that's likely the end of my interest in what they are putting out. I'll hold out some hope for X-Men when that finally shows up, but otherwise...yeeeeeesh.

Speaking during Disney's earnings call, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that the House of Mouse is shifting its focus on quality over quantity, and that that strategy is "particularly true with Marvel."

"We're slowly going to decrease volume and go to probably about two TV series a year instead of what had become four and reduce our film output from maybe four a year to two, or a maximum of three," Iger said. "And we're working hard on what that path is."

As of this writing, Marvel Studios has just one theatrical release this year in the form of Deadpool & Wolverine. It is the first time that Marvel is sending one film to the box office in a calendar year since 2010 (Iron Man 2).

"[Marvel has] a couple of good films in '25 and then we're heading to more Avengers which we're extremely excited about," Iger added, alluding to blockbuster 2025 projects Captain America: Brave New World, Thunderbolts*, and The Fantastic Four. "Overall, I feel great about the slate. It's something, as you know, that I've committed to spending more and more time on. The team is one that I have tremendous confidence in and the IP that we're mining, including all the sequels that we're doing, is second to none."