• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Tales of Suspense 94
3 3

13 posts in this topic

At long last, this is probably the last Silver Age key or semi-key book I have worth soliciting opinions on. I have another semi-unique one worth sharing, but I doubt anyone would call it a key (spoiler alert). You can also argue with me that MODOK is not an important enough character to call this a semi-key book, but 5-ish year-old-me who first encountered MODOK collecting dinosaurs in the savage land (MTU104) will have nothing of that. I didn't become a paleontologist as planned back then, but I did manage to track down this book in pretty good shape :banana: 

TSus94.jpg

TSus94-a.jpg

TSus94-b.jpg

TSus94-c.jpg

TSus94-d.jpg

TSus94-e.jpg

TSus94-f.jpg

Edited by scburdet

Lots of bullseyes on this one. I believe what some people ID'd as staining, CGC determined was foxing. Either way, that probably cost a grade. Last update, and last return for a while probably. The rest of the non-signature books pending return are magazines, so it could be another month, it could be a year. This is basically all the submissions from mid-2022 to early-2003 graded & returned.

light creasing to cover
light finger bends on cover
light foxing to cover
light, multiple spine stress lines breaks color
light, multiple wear front cover breaks color

TalesofSuspense-94.jpg

Edited by scburdet