• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 141 & efficacy of pressing
3 3

10 posts in this topic

So, this is the book I foreshadowed in my PGM Tales o Astonish 90 post. I had initially pulled this one out thinking about a Roy Thomas signature, but ultimately balked b/c of the condition. There are a few creases and so forth that are pretty common and easy to imagine how they will impact the grade. However, there is a bend on the one corner that goes through the whole book. I tried to highlight on both front and back covers. There's some glare in the front corner pic, but there's minimal color breaking. Maybe just a little at the top. I ask about this one in particular b/c it's the most severe example of this kind of thing and IDK how well/if pressing will flatten this out. I have 2 or 3 other books with lesser versions, so any information will be broadly useful.

@joeypost

Hulk141.jpg

Hulk141-a.jpg

Hulk141-b.jpg

Hulk141-c.jpg

Hulk141-d.jpg

Hulk141-e.jpg

Hulk141-f.jpg

Hulk141-g.jpg

Edited by scburdet

5.5, with or without press. That bend should resolve with pressing without a problem. But the spine wear, LR corner, back cover staining, and especially those UR corner creases are the controlling defects, and the press can't help there.