• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling with ComicLink
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Right off the bat, apologies if this is in the wrong section, after a bit of poking around this felt like the right place! 

Last December I sent ComicLink a bunch of slabbed comics, art and a single ungraded comic. I was told, albeit without a lot of detail, that the unslabbed comic could be graded on my behalf and then put into auction. 

Since then I've asked a handful of times about what is happening with the ungraded comic and I either get completely ignored or the question gets dodged (I've had to reach out about other auctions and the question gets completely unanswered). I even CCed other departments the last time I asked and just got a blanket "we have no updates". 

Is this kind of dismissiveness normal from CLink? It's not as if I'm asking weekly and pressuring them, since December I've reached out three times about it and I've got absolutely no details - they haven't even told me if it's submitted.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:47 PM, barneythecantankerous said:

Right off the bat, apologies if this is in the wrong section, after a bit of poking around this felt like the right place! 

Last December I sent ComicLink a bunch of slabbed comics, art and a single ungraded comic. I was told, albeit without a lot of detail, that the unslabbed comic could be graded on my behalf and then put into auction. 

Since then I've asked a handful of times about what is happening with the ungraded comic and I either get completely ignored or the question gets dodged (I've had to reach out about other auctions and the question gets completely unanswered). I even CCed other departments the last time I asked and just got a blanket "we have no updates". 

Is this kind of dismissiveness normal from CLink? It's not as if I'm asking weekly and pressuring them, since December I've reached out three times about it and I've got absolutely no details - they haven't even told me if it's submitted.

They send it in to CGC on your behalf and it shows up in your list of books for sale once it is back. They have no way to speed up the process, and so you can read through the Current Turnaround Times thread to get a sense of how much longer it will be. 

Best of luck with selling!

I haven't contacted them often, but the two times I did they were responsive, though i've not been in your specific situation.  In your position, I would just bombard them with the same question across multiple avenues, which you've likely already at least started to do.

Email

Phone

Facebook posting publicly and direct messaging

Instagram posting publicly and direct messaging

Website (if that's different than anything above)

If those don't work start looking for employees on linkedin, or any other known public emails.

When asking privately, make sure you include pertinent information to make it easy for them to help you.

Although the two most likely answers are:  They submitted it and turnaround times are tremendously long at CGC...or they lost it and are trying to find it.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:23 PM, revat said:

Although the two most likely answers are:  They submitted it and turnaround times are tremendously long at CGC...or they lost it and are trying to find it.

I figured it’s still in the queue, but it seems odd that they wouldn’t just respond with a note about TATS

On 7/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 7/26/2022 at 1:23 PM, revat said:

I figured it’s still in the queue, but it seems odd that they wouldn’t just respond with a note about TATS

I agree.

THere literally should be an email sent to any consigner when the book leaves their facility and goes to CGC, and probably some approval required as well.

"Dear Valued Customer,

This is an automated email.  Please do not reply.

The following books in your inventory with Comic Link have been sent to CGC as of DATE.  The fees, including submission, shipping, insurance, and pressing will be taken out the final auction price.  You will receive another automated email when the books have been graded and returned to our possession and have been logged in our system.

LIST OF BOOKS

Thank you for your patience, please contact customer service at ###### if you have any questions."