• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nam #1
3 3

7 posts in this topic

I'm totally new here, so pardon me if I'm doing this all wrong, but am trying to figure out how to grade the collection of comics I've kept locked away in my parents house since 1991. Here's an example that's pretty typical of most of my books. Would love to hear what people think.

IMG_7130.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7143.JPG

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7141.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7137.JPG

IMG_7136.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

IMG_7134.JPG

IMG_7133.JPG

IMG_7145.JPG

You have successfully made your first post without any faux pas :golfclap:

I see the outer corners have gotten a little bent at some point. As is, you're looking at an 8.0/8.5. If the comic was pressed. which is common these days, you might eek out a 9.0. An essentially perfect (CGC 9.8) sold on ebay recently for $100 with 1 bid. I'm old enough to remember when this series was one of the hottest in comics, but the market has changed a lot since then. I wouldn't call this a good pressing/CGC candidate b/c you're going to invest as much, or more, into that process than the book would sell for. In raw form, you might get $15-20 for it, but probably less. You can search recent ebay sales or online price guides like comicspriceguide.com or gocollect.com to get some idea if other books in your collection are key issues that have increased in value more.