• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #162 CGC 9.4 CHEAP!!!

30 posts in this topic

Excellent decision, and when buying, trading and flipping CGC comics, use your own judgement on what is a quality comic and what is not. That'll really come in handy during Slab Wars: Attack of the CGC Clones.

Exactly. There's a big difference between having a sharp eye, and being able to read a label. With the latter, you're sinking too much in CGC's eye, and who knows what place they will have in the hobby 10 years from now. I've even advised certain buyers of mine to buy my "lower" graded CGC copy because they'd be getting a better book.

Don't buy any comic when the movie hype is high, or you'll pay for the priviledge of fighting with the unwashed masses. . As such, stay away from Hulk and X-Men comics for now, and maybe concentrate on the lower-demand comics that are being neglected, or save your money to scoop up the Hulk/X-Men comics once the movies have run their course.

In other words, buy where they ain't, with "they" being the dough-headed, movie-hyped speculators.

AK: "There may be some logic to it. There has been mention that a 9.4 with CR-OW may have a better overall structure than a 9.4 with better pages. If this is true, it would be a matter of preference."

JC: "I have seen no evidence of this, and put it right up there with other Urban Legends."

Definitely BS. By looking at the books in my collection and those that have passed through my hands. PQ doesn't factor into the grade. CGC 10.0 Mint OW/W??? confused.gif

"... I buy based on appearance, and ESPECIALLY colors and gloss. I've had CGC 9.2's and 9.4's of the same book, and have dumped the 9.4's because I believed the 9.2 looked nicer"

That is the way to go IMO since CGC's grading seems to be off sometimes. I've done the same exact thing. It's alll about buying the book and not the label. grin.gif Of course, the decision of doing this is much easier if you have both books in hand tongue.gif