• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man's Next Villian in The Third Movie..."Sandman" Official

92 posts in this topic

I personally think the sandman is a fantastic spidey villain. I am looking forward to all the things he can do like sand through grates, keyholes, and spidey webbing, making huge concrete fists and breaking walls etc.

Sandman is far more a Spiderman villain than FF IMHO. He made several appearances in early spiderman which is what they are focusing on so far ( Thank god )

Also, I have absolutely no interest in ever seeing Venom. On that note I am a minority I am sure.

Artboy99

Excellent thumbsup2.gif

I agree entirely..Sandman from issue # 4 is oldschool Spidey, and as such deserves a shot in the films.

I think with the right CGI...this guy could be an awesome movie Spidey adversary! 893applaud-thumb.gif

You're not in the minority from where I can see.

Sure, but this board is full of old fogies who think Sandman is a key Spider-man villain circa 2005. The kids and young adults, on the other hand, all want to see Venom.

Who gives a craap what the kiddees want.

The little runny nose punks are too damn spoiled as it is!

sumo.gif

I'm in the group of people who don't want to see Venom and don't think Sandman is a key villain. Anyone else? foreheadslap.gif

I would personally much rather see Electro or Mysterio; plus the introduction to Hobgoblin/Green Goblin II.

I do, however, view Sandman as a key villain. I just think he's kinda outdated.

I hope they don't introduce the Chameleon, that would be a weak character
Agreed, I feel that the audience would see him as a Doctor Octopus character except with an mechanical tail instead of arms.

Agreed, I feel that the audience would see him as a Doctor Octopus character except with an mechanical tail instead of arms.

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Do you mean the Scorpion?

I hope they don't introduce the Chameleon, that would be a weak character to bring in the series. I believe Raimi has shown so far each villian he intro is big and spectacular than the movie before. popcorn.gif

Chameleon is at best a second tier villain in the Spidey mythos and shouldn't be considered until other more worthy candidates are used...

Jim

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Do you mean the Scorpion?

I sure did. foreheadslap.gif Must be staring at these boards too much. Chameleon, would be even worse. It would frustrate the audience who would want to know what the guy looks like in the end. And it would be hard to convince a well known movie star to play a role that never shows them on screen. For that matter, they could show 15 different stuntmen then at the end have George Clooney show up for a cameo in the last two minutes of the film when they pull off his mask. makepoint.gif

A set report that was followed up by pictures,

Spider Man 3 set in California,

reported seeing a scene between Grace and Howard.

Grace has blond hair, was wearing a black leather jacket and slacks, and had obviously been working out a lot. .

It's looking more and more like by the end of Spider Man 3,

Venom will be making an appearance. popcorn.gif