• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man's Next Villian in The Third Movie..."Sandman" Official

92 posts in this topic

Here is finally after months and months of speculation the next villian for Webhead to battle...Can't wait. popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif What do you guys think... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko

tchurch.jpg

He looks the part alright...

Why he's even got the square Ditkoesque head! thumbsup2.gif

I pretty much believed the whole time he'd be Sandman.

Now what only remains is what villain that kid from the 70's show will be playing.

My money's on Electro or Chameleon. I really don't believe Venom will be in this movie.

I pretty much believed the whole time he'd be Sandman.

Now what only remains is what villain that kid from the 70's show will be playing.

My money's on Electro or Chameleon. I really don't believe Venom will be in this movie.

I'm hoping they just introduce him as Eddie Brock,with the main villains being Sandy and Harry.I don't think they can squeeze Venom in this one,the movie would be too long.Hopefully at the very end,we get a glimpse of him......... thumbsup2.gif

Here is finally after months and months of speculation the next villian for Webhead to battle...Can't wait. popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif What do you guys think... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko

tchurch.jpg

Yes!

He's got the green and black striped shirt!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Now he must go ten years without changing it! thumbsup2.gif

He looks perfect! Why do you say the sandman is a terrible choice?

A) He is not a key Spider-man villain (more FF)

B) Sandman hardly a compelling villain in the first place (one-note Sandy)

C) Has rarely been featured in animated/alternative Spider-man media

D) There are far better choices out there - Spidey's rogues gallery is the best

E) Sandman has always worked better in bad guy team-ups - solo he sucks

Basically, with integral, and far more interesting, Spider-man villains like Lizard, Scorpion, Venom, Hobgoblin, Elektro, (hell, even Mysterio), etc. waiting in the wings, I find Sandman a very strange choice, especially from Raimi who supposedly "knows the comics upside down".

Plus, in order to spice Marko up for the movie, they'll need to change everything about the character, making him some romantic rival for MJ, the brother of Betty Brant, Aunt May's illegitimate son, J.Jonah Jameson's nephew.... - something, anything to artificially link him to Spidey and "make it personal". foreheadslap.gif

He just isn't a fan of cgi

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Using the Newt Translation Handbook, that comes out as:

"JC hates the crappy Star Wars Prequels".

Actually, I love CGI when it's combined with a good story, such as the original Matrix, Fellowship of the Ring, Jurassic Park, etc., but it just happens that some of the worst big-budget movies ever made (SW Prequels, Van Helsing, Hulk) had CGI in them.

He just isn't a fan of cgi

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Using the Newt Translation Handbook, that comes out as:

"JC hates the crappy Star Wars Prequels".

You mistranslated.

It actually meant:

"JC hates the awesome Star Wars Prequels."

He looks perfect! Why do you say the sandman is a terrible choice? Shouldn't we judge the movie by the finished product?

yes.

So tell me who's judging the movie? I was only stating that the VILLAIN choice of SANDMAN really SUCKS. The movie might be great, but that doesn't mean Sandman is a compelling or interesting Spider-man villain.