• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MORTAL KOMBAT LEGENDS: SNOW BLIND animated movie (2022)

13 posts in this topic

The box art and description for Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind that has appeared in online listings like the German version of Amazon indicate that it will be a movie focusing on Kenshi, the blind Mortal Kombat swordsman, with Sub-Zero serving as an older mentor-like character. Adding further legitimacy to the latest leak is the fact that a report from last year about a new Mortal Kombat animated movie that was in development included casting details that indicated it would feature an older version of Sub-Zero in it.

If the retailer listing information is accurate, Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind will release on October 27th. Given the fact that Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind has surfaced online in full, it seems like only a matter of time before it is officially announced. Previous installments in the Mortal Kombat Legends line of animated movies include Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge and Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms. 

Oooh, totally missed this. Awesome news! I'm glad we've managed to get a trilogy, here's to the next one! I do hope we see Skarlet in this one, in a decent-sized role.

@Bosco685 have you heard any rumours on kasting? I REALLY need a new Scarlet kick, and was wondering if anything had been leaked to your knowledge? 

Edited by Cat

On 8/8/2022 at 4:12 PM, Cat said:

@Bosco685 have you heard any rumours on kasting? I REALLY need a new Scarlet kick, and was wondering if anything had been leaked to your knowledge? 

Great question.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind: Everything We Know So Far

What we know about the cast and crew of Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind

"Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind" is directed and produced by Rick Morales, returning after the first two animated films in this series. Writer Jeremy Adams is back after giving us the screenplays for those titles. 

The voice cast for this film is pretty great. Manny Jacinto ("The Good Place") voices the lead role of Kenshi, with David Wenham who played Faramir in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy voicing everyone's favorite jerk Kano. Ron Yuan, the voice of Scorpion in "Mortal Kombat 11," will play Kuai Liang/Sub-Zero. Keith Silverstein (Vector in the "Sonic the Hedgehog" games) is Kabal. Courtenay Taylor (Jack in the "Mass Effect" games) will play Kira. Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke Uchiha in "Naruto") will voice Kobra. Artt Butler (Captain Ackbar in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," and Shang Tsung and Cyrax in the last two animated "Mortal Kombat" films) will voice Shang Tsung and Lin Kuei. Imari Williams (Boulder in "Transformers: Rescue Bots") is the voice of Tremor. Additional voice actors include Patrick Seitz, Lei Yin, Sumalee Montano, Debra Wilson, and Keston John.

What we think Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind will be about

IGN reports that Kano is making everything about him (as he always does) in the new film. He's ready to take over Earthrealm and is destroying towns with three Black Dragon mercenaries. Kenshi, a playable character in the games, is a blind swordsman from Japan in Earthrealm. He isn't ready to surrender to Kano, though. This appears to be the origin story of how a young and undisciplined Kenshi lost his vision, as the site says the blinding happens as Kano and the mercenaries attack him. Kuai Liang, who is currently retired, decides to train Kenshi, despite his misgivings. You may know him by another name: Sub-Zero, one of the game's original fighters. 

This sounds really cool, and considering we're also going to see characters like Shang Tsung, Kabal, Kobra, and Tremor, fans who are obsessed with the lore of the franchise are going to be very happy. 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:45 AM, Bosco685 said:

Thanks, Bos! Man, I'm going to be furious if we see Kobra get a part but not Skarlet. I mean, he's literally a Streetfighter Ken rip-off. Literally, that's all there is to him. 

They've also been so consistent on these releases. One a year, within a month of the last film's release. That can't be easy to maintain, so thank you, team. I appreciate your (possible) sacrifices. 

Edited by Cat
Type O Negative - never heard them

On 8/11/2022 at 5:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

That's not supposed to be BoRai'Cho training Kenshi there, is it? If so, and they've got rid of all the gas and vomit 'jokes' and aspect about him, he may just be bearable. If not, and he's still like that, I hope everyone walking past takes a minute out of their day to fatality the annoying SOB. 

Edited by Cat

On 10/1/2022 at 11:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

Wow! They went all out with the hardcore bloodbath with this one.

Once it gets going, it doesn't stop until the end.

Is Skarlet in it? D'Vorah? 

Can't wait to see it now! 

On 10/1/2022 at 12:46 AM, Cat said:

Is Skarlet in it? D'Vorah? 

Can't wait to see it now! 

They crammed many characters into this one. Which means some didn't receive as much screen time.

It's an alternate reality Earthrealm (you will find out why). With Kano as the core villain.

For me, I'd give it 3.0/5 stars. More about the bloody fights than deep story. But then again - this is Mortal Kombat.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

They crammed many characters into this one. Which means some didn't receive as much screen time.

It's an alternate reality Earthrealm (you will find out why). With Kano as the core villain.

For me, I'd give it 3.0/5 stars. More about the bloody fights than deep story. But then again - this is Mortal Kombat.

Sounds about right. Kano as the villain is definitely interesting, wasn't expecting that.