• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed, Thank You!

24 posts in this topic

Doing some re-focusing and weeding out a few things - let's do this!

STREET CRED!
I've sold lots of books here throughout the years. Most of my kudos from back then were deleted when they migrated
to the new site, but some are still there. I've been selling artwork, records and comic books online for 25 years.
I go full pickle when it comes to making sure your book is packed tight and gets to you right - just ask around.

RULES!
No probies, hosers or otherwise shady people that I may have on ignore.
Payment made within 3 days of invoice via Paypal or Zelle unless arrangements are made before you post the take.

RETURNS!
If there is a problem with a grade, or issue with the book - let me know within 3 days of receiving and let's work it out.
No returns on CGC books unless something happens in transit.

SHIPPING!
Raw Dogs:
Everything in the thread will ship Media Mail to keep it on the cheap. I'll figure it out when I get you the total.

International shipping will be via Priority Mail at cost. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SHIPPING COST BEFORE POSTING I'LL TAKE IT.

DOIN' THE DEED:
:takeit: Rules the day over PM negotiations. Time stamps are the be-all, end-all way of determining a sale.
If an I'll Take It is posted in a PM and posted in the thread, that book will go to the post with earliest time stamp.

:news:Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date

If you require more time, please PM me FIRST before posting your "I'll Take It" - I'm sure we can work something out.
However, if payment is not received within the specified time period, and no other arrangements have been made,
I reserve the right to cancel the sale and re-list the item. Boom.

Edited by Dr. Balls

L.B. Cole covers for Croydon crime novels - lot of 10. SOLD VIA PM

Bought most of the LB Coles from Ryan here on the boards - he wasn't kidding, the Cole Croydon books are HARD to find. Enjoy the hunt! ALl books are in Mylites, and that little bit of white poking out is microchamber paper - blue tape on back is low-tack tape on the Mylite. All books are VG/VG+ with defects typical in-grade. Nothing major to note that can't be seen in the photos.
$250 for all ten.

IMG_9946.JPG

IMG_9947.JPG

IMG_9948.JPG

IMG_9949.JPG

Edited by Dr. Balls

Men's Action Illustrated #1 (with 4-page Bettie Page interior pinup spread) FN+ $110 Sold to IngelsFan
FN/FN+ with some super light foxing on cover and a light crease on the girl's bikini, back cover just a smidge dirty - but a dry cleaning would do it wonders. Nice square spine.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

Crime Yearbook 1951 VG+ $65
You can't go wrong with the Queen of the Stag Party Strippers! Chip out of the corner front and back, some yellowing of pages, foxing. Nice presenter for the grade.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

On 8/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Men's Action Illustrated #1 (with 4-page Bettie Page interior pinup spread) FN+ $110
FN/FN+ with some super light foxing on cover and a light crease on the girl's bikini, back cover just a smidge dirty - but a dry cleaning would do it wonders. Nice square spine.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the first issue of this short lived title from December 1962.  It's exceptionally scarce.  I've never seen a copy before and philsp doesn't have an image of it.

Line-Up Detective Crime Magazine 1951 GD $25
Tears, chips, dinginess, pieces out of spine, and stuff typical in-grade, but it looks great in a Mylite.

01.png

02.png

On 8/2/2022 at 8:53 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I'm pretty sure this is the first issue of this short lived title from December 1962.  It's exceptionally scarce.  I've never seen a copy before and philsp doesn't have an image of it.

I am pretty inexperienced in the crime magazine genre - I picked up a few of these because I loved the cover artwork (especially this one), but eventually migrated back into Pre-code crime and horror.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I am pretty inexperienced in the crime magazine genre - I picked up a few of these because I loved the cover artwork (especially this one), but eventually migrated back into Pre-code crime and horror.

They're like catnip for me.  Lots of covers by some of the best illustrators of the period.  All of the Annuals and Yearbooks are tough in any grade.

Also! If there are any Boardies who are record collectors - I have 240 rigid toploaders for 12" records and 240 Mylite2s that are GREAT for presenting your collection. The toploader and Mylite averaged about $5 total for each record. They have been on backorder for two years now. Toploaders and Mylites are in excellent shape - only used once for one record, and with low-tack tape, so they have been peeled and are shiny and clean. 

120 Toploaders + 120 Mylites = $175 + $70 UPS shipping

240 Toploaders + 240 Mylites = $300 +140 UPS shipping

Edited by Dr. Balls

Wizard Magazine 37+ issue misc lot $75 shipped via Media Mail

#47, 64, 66, 70, 71, 72, 84, 85, 86, 88-94, 96, 97, 100-107, 109, 110, 111, 113, 117, 118, 120, 123, 124, 159, 162, 163 and a bunch of (10) Wizard Special Edition issues.

All issues still in poly bags and NM. Pretty cool slice of 90’s comic history.

Wizard Misc Lot.jpg

Spider-man #1 Sealed in Poly Bag NEWSSTAND NM 9.4 $20
Could be higher, hard to inspect so I'm grading conservatively. Poly bag is still tight, not yellowed.

IMG_9089.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

Silver Surfer run #1-100. $295 shipped

Includes most annuals and a few other issues above 100. All high grade, 9.4 or above - a very nice collection from a guy who loved the Ron Lim SS. Bagged, boarded and untouched for probably 20-30 years.

IMG_9018.jpg

Milk and Cheese #3 First Printing NM 9.4 $20

Some color-breaking spine ticks and a soft corner, but otherwise nice!

IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG

Buy all three Milk and Cheese's above and I'll throw in a little set of reprint readers (offer good until someone buys only one and ruins it for EVERYONE):

IMG_9085.jpg