• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow, Batgirl must have been bad

119 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, toro said:

This must have been so bad to cut your losses after 90million.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/batgirl-won-t-fly-warner-202333812.html

Normally, I’d think that. But we’re talking Time Warner here, so it’s probably more brilliant than Citizen Kane and would have outgrossed the all-time take of the Avengers and Star Wars franchises combined on just opening weekend. Just a guess (shrug)

Stand by for apocryphal rumors of bootleg viewings, I tell ya :popcorn:

Probably a tax or expense write off to adjust something for accounting purposes… I did read though that the crew still got paid so there’s that at least… 

I think DC is cleaning up they also cancelled batwoman and just cancelled flash tv series… 

On 8/4/2022 at 1:16 AM, Krismusic said:

I think DC is cleaning up they also cancelled batwoman and just cancelled flash tv series… 

I think that new leadership wants audiences to be less-confused by their approach to a cinematic universe. Batgirl was green-lit by previous management and doesn't really fit in the current DCEU. If they can cut their losses at little expense, cancelling the project may make sense.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, D84 said:

If they are trying to keep it from being confusing, they need to cut the multiverse all together. Three actors playing Batman at the same time (Affleck, Keaton and Pattinson) is too much.

I wish way back in the day they would have done the real Dark Knight story line and would have had Sean Connery play the role.  Now I wish they would do it with Keaton.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:49 AM, D84 said:

If they are trying to keep it from being confusing, they need to cut the multiverse all together. Three actors playing Batman at the same time (Affleck, Keaton and Pattinson) is too much.

Not to mention old Bruce on Titans.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:09 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that new leadership wants audiences to be less-confused by their approach to a cinematic universe. Batgirl was green-lit by previous management and doesn't really fit in the current DCEU. If they can cut their losses at little expense, cancelling the project may make sense.

Totally agree. Hopefully this new leadership can entertain us throughly lol
always loved Spider-Man, Batman and super man as my favourites. Would be nice to see some good stuff come out of the DCEU. 

On 8/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, Krismusic said:

Totally agree. Hopefully this new leadership can entertain us throughly lol
always loved Spider-Man, Batman and super man as my favourites. Would be nice to see some good stuff come out of the DCEU. 

I just want to see sequels to MoS and ZSJL. Shazam 2 and Black Adam are looking solid, from trailers.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I just want to see sequels to MoS and ZSJL. Shazam 2 and Black Adam are looking solid, from trailers.

I’m looking forward to Shazam 2 saw a panel with Zachary Levi was a pretty cool dude.. and will give black Adam a go hopefully it’s good.