• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow, Batgirl must have been bad

119 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, Ken Aldred said:

To me, masterpieces of literal comedy, especially Airplane! and its sequel, the first Naked Gun, and the brilliant Police Squad!.

Ya, my age may have something to do with it, I dont know that I've ever sat and watched airplane in one go.

The others I saw with family and friends at a young impressionable lol viewing :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/5/2022 at 10:12 PM, Bo1983 said:

Squadron supreme would beat the crap out of the seven!

Squadron Sinister. No holds barred.

Quite brutal in the Secret Wars mini-series.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/5/2022 at 5:18 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

Well J. Michael Straczynski and Gary Frank's Squadron Supreme could beat up your SS because the former was published under the MAX imprint lol

That Hyperion run is cool!

On 8/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, Bo1983 said:

Thor and Hyperion went out fight the beyonders like tru warriors!

The story where Thor proved himself worthy again. Great scene involving the alternate universe hammer.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That said as a kid I thought other mel brooks were better, I still haven't seen all of them. History of the world had this five or six year old balling laughing and crying and saying that just ain't right. 

“You look like the p:censored: boy!”

”And you look like a bucket of :censored:!”

Movie cracked me up as a kid :cloud9:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

I'm not in a position to judge Spaceballs without bias because I literally wore the VHS out as a kid.  I love that movie even though it's realllllly cheesy in parts.  

The Tier list is:

The Producers>Blazing Saddles>Young Frankenstein>History of the World>High Anxiety>Silent Movie>Robin Hood MiT.  Spaceballs floats in and out depending on how nostalgic I feel.

I never saw 12 Chairs or To Be or Not to Be so who knows where those fall.  

P.S.  Blazing Saddles is a GREAT movie but it's really hard to rewatch.  The editing on that movie is glacial.  

On 8/5/2022 at 7:00 PM, Bo1983 said:

Correct so the show is more like the squadron Supreme?

This story about Hyperion came out a few years before the boys and in his story it’s almost the same as homelanders!Just saying plus these run is equally as violent!

128F9C32-B6AD-46CF-82E0-5CBAADD3AD51.png

While it's correct in many ways to say that Darkseid is the DC version (and original) Thanos, I also think it's very wise to recast Black Adam in this role.  Darkseid would require a lot more development for a new audience while Black Adam will benefit from the work already done with Shazam.  Also, Thanos had a logical (and some would say agreeable) rationale behind his actions.  Black Adam brings this, Darkseid does not.  Black Adam is a more complex character, often with motivations that audiences can sympathize with.  Darkseid is much less nuanced, just pure bad guy.  I don't think either is a perfect comparison to Thanos.  I always thought of modern Black Adam as more of a Sub-Mariner character in terms of motivation.  While Darkseid is more comparable to Annihilus than to Thanos in my opinion.    

On 8/5/2022 at 7:08 PM, darkstar said:

The CEO confirmed it was garbage.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batgirl-david-zaslav-warner-bros-discovery-1235333681/

So much for all that public relations spin that the media ate up. 

"We're not going to put a movie out unless we believe in it" is not a very good PR thing to say-he's saying they believed in all the stinkers they put out-

On 8/3/2022 at 9:08 PM, Krismusic said:

Probably a tax or expense write off to adjust something for accounting purposes… I did read though that the crew still got paid so there’s that at least… 

Bean counters and tax advantages aside, you have to feel bad for the cast, crew and writers. You devote years of your life to putting out a great product and then the studio heads just up and cancel it for "tax purposes". You can make a case that it's not even a fair assessment, since they didn't go to post production and still could do reshoots and such. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, 1Cool said:

I thought the Batgirl tv show looked horrible so this must have been a complete piece of garbage.

Most of the CW stuff is garbage. I couldn't watch it to be honest. 

Edited by Lpgk

On 8/6/2022 at 4:58 AM, Nick Furious said:

While it's correct in many ways to say that Darkseid is the DC version (and original) Thanos, I also think it's very wise to recast Black Adam in this role.  Darkseid would require a lot more development for a new audience while Black Adam will benefit from the work already done with Shazam.  Also, Thanos had a logical (and some would say agreeable) rationale behind his actions.  Black Adam brings this, Darkseid does not.  Black Adam is a more complex character, often with motivations that audiences can sympathize with.  Darkseid is much less nuanced, just pure bad guy.  I don't think either is a perfect comparison to Thanos.  I always thought of modern Black Adam as more of a Sub-Mariner character in terms of motivation.  While Darkseid is more comparable to Annihilus than to Thanos in my opinion.    

I’d describe Black Adam as a dark grey, borderline anti-heroic character.  He can show some degree of compassion at times, but that gets spoiled by the shockingly hyper-violent, destructive outbursts which he’s also prone to.  

Darkseid is pure evil, a god of destruction expecting total obedience.

Black Adam’s perhaps easier to use as he’s a terrestrial character, rather than one that occasionally pops over via a star gate.

Edited by Ken Aldred