• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow, Batgirl must have been bad

119 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, Krismusic said:

I think it was bat woman 

It was incredibly boring. 

On 8/6/2022 at 3:51 AM, Lpgk said:

Bean counters and tax advantages aside, you have to feel bad for the cast, crew and writers. You devote years of your life to putting out a great product and then the studio heads just up and cancel it for "tax purposes". You can make a case that it's not even a fair assessment, since they didn't go to post production and still could do reshoots and such. 

But was it a great product if the CEO is basically calling it hot garbage?  

Now had the cast and crew not been paid until the movie was released I would feel bad for them, but they were all paid and most of them have already moved on to other jobs/things.  

On 8/6/2022 at 12:46 AM, kav said:

"We're not going to put a movie out unless we believe in it" is not a very good PR thing to say-he's saying they believed in all the stinkers they put out-

How many stinkers were put out since the new CEO took over?

Hard to believe it could be worse than the Harley Quinn film.  

Or, more boring than Batwoman.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/5/2022 at 11:46 PM, kav said:

"We're not going to put a movie out unless we believe in it" is not a very good PR thing to say-he's saying they believed in all the stinkers they put out-

I'm talking about the press release the other day that bosco sticks championed where the studio denied the movie was cancelled due to how bad it was and stated it was simply due to a strategic decision based on a changing approach by the new leadership regarding DC movies going forward and that the studio would continue to work with Batgirl's creative team and the lead actress on future projects. As predicted that was just PR drivel and the movie was in fact cancelled in post-production due to how terrible it was. 

On 8/6/2022 at 9:44 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Hard to believe it could be worse than the Harley Quinn film.  

Or, more boring than Batwoman.

That would be a special feet and make it worth seeing once.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:19 AM, toro said:

This must have been so bad to cut your losses after 90million.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/batgirl-won-t-fly-warner-202333812.html

I saw a rumor (fwiw, grain of salt, all that) that one of the reasons it was scrapped is because they planned to bring in Keaton just to kill him off. If that's true, scrapping it was a very wise move.

On 8/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, D84 said:

That would be a special feet and make it worth seeing once.

Yup. So bad it’d be the comic book equivalent to ‘The Room’. 

On 8/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, littledoom said:
On 8/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. So bad it’d be the comic book equivalent to ‘The Room’. 

The Room was a good movie 

:popcorn:

Yup. Something so bad that it ends up being an entertaining car crash to watch.  Difficult, by definition, to capture that kind of lightning in a bottle. 

On 8/6/2022 at 3:51 AM, Lpgk said:

Bean counters and tax advantages aside, you have to feel bad for the cast, crew and writers. You devote years of your life to putting out a great product and then the studio heads just up and cancel it for "tax purposes". You can make a case that it's not even a fair assessment, since they didn't go to post production and still could do reshoots and such. 

Yeah at least I hear they got paid and can still use the footage from back girl for their resumes and demo of work… might have saved them if the move was really that bad. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:20 AM, NoMan said:

No one on the “Below the line” crew cares if the movie comes out or not. Believe me. If they were paid, they don’t care. At all.

While I don't spend any time worrying about them, I do think it would be better for a resume (and for picking up dates, social status, etc) to have involvement in a movie that was released than one that was not released.  I would assume that they care somewhat.  

On 8/7/2022 at 2:21 AM, Nick Furious said:

While I don't spend any time worrying about them, I do think it would be better for a resume (and for picking up dates, social status, etc) to have involvement in a movie that was released than one that was not released.  I would assume that they care somewhat.  

They don’t. I don’t. No one I’ve ever met in three and a half decades has. 

Edited by NoMan

On 8/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, Lpgk said:

Most of the CW stuff is garbage. I couldn't watch it to be honest. 

Arrow's first 2 seasons were pretty good. After that? Nada.