• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing

6 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, Ethan Simcik said:

With the current 250 day turnaround time its taking for pressing, is it worth skipping it or is getting them pressed that important?

The answer would be extremely subjective to the individual.  It depends on what your preferences and priorities are for each individual comic you are considering, and possibly your financial situation and view of the economy in the short and long terms.

If you have more specifics about your own personal situation for which you are seeking advice, sharing those details may help you get a more useful answer.  Or maybe not.

On 8/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, Ethan Simcik said:

With the current 250 day turnaround time its taking for pressing, is it worth skipping it or is getting them pressed that important?

I love my local ice cream shop.  My favorite is strawberry ice cream with crushed walnuts sprinkled on top.  But they've recently raised the price of the crushed walnut topping by 50%, is it worth it or should I skip the walnuts?

I love soup.  I also love sandwiches.  For lunch, should I get a 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 soup, or just one full sandwich and one full soup?

On 8/5/2022 at 1:29 PM, revat said:

I love soup.  I also love sandwiches.  For lunch, should I get a 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 soup, or just one full sandwich and one full soup?

Fellow soup and sandwich lover here - you should definitely go for the 1/2 and 1/2. A big bowl of soup will get cold by the time you finish it, and even the best sandwiches can get a little monotonous. Plus soup is filling and, let's face it, we could both stand to lose a few, am I right? Get the 1/2 and 1/2 and eat the soup first - if you're full after the soup, throw the sandwich in the fridge- BAM, you've got dinner. Unless the sandwich is any kind of salad (tuna salad, chicken salad) in which case, hard pass - go with the full bowl. Hope this helps. 

tl;dr - can't go wrong with half soup, half sandwich. 

Edited by stephenlev

On 8/8/2022 at 9:39 AM, stephenlev said:

Fellow soup and sandwich lover here - you should definitely go for the 1/2 and 1/2. A big bowl of soup will get cold by the time you finish it, and even the best sandwiches can get a little monotonous. Plus soup is filling and, let's face it, we could both stand to lose a few, am I right? Get the 1/2 and 1/2 and eat the soup first - if you're full after the soup, throw the sandwich in the fridge- BAM, you've got dinner. Unless the sandwich is any kind of salad (tuna salad, chicken salad) in which case, hard pass - go with the full bowl. Hope this helps. 

tl;dr - can't go wrong with half soup, half sandwich. 

the soup getting cold with the big bowl is a very compelling argument.  

Obviously I'm not some kind of serial killer so I wouldn't pair a "salad sandwich" with a bowl of soup (though I generally do find them to be delightful otherwise, possibly with a bag of chips).