• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Summer Edition (#3) Round #4
11 11

198 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2022 at 12:46 PM, sagii said:

So my first time entering and completing to end. Do the winners get posted?

There will be this last round, I believe results are posted every round, but after this one we'll see who is the top three.

Four grading contests a year, hopefully that promises that we'll have either a chance to win or at least sharpen our skills. We used to donate prizes to all the participants but with so many contests, it doesn't sound feasible. I know I could offer a couple of times but not every time.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, CGC Mike said:

:news:   Grades are due by Monday August 8 at 8:00 PM Eastern time   :news:  Good luck!  :wishluck:   The reveal of the actual CGC grades will be posted shortly after the round is closed, with scans of the books in their CGC holders.  The scoring results thread most likely won't be available until the following day.  The next round will most likely be posted within 1 hour after the previous round has ended.   

There will be a round 5 folks!!!

On 8/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, flashlites said:

giphy.gif

Reveal is tomorrow night.

But I finally know what that guy from Happy Gilmore is from, too close for comfort. To me it was just a random guy 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/7/2022 at 3:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

But I finally know what that guy from Happy Gilmore is from, too close for comfort. To me it was just a random guy 😂

Bah I could reveal right now since I got 5 bullseyes.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Totally gapped it on proof read. Thought I did better on edit 😜

On 8/7/2022 at 6:12 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

I was more confused that you never heard of Ted Knight before, That’s okay. 

I kind of figured as posters have used his name before as someone to know or is recognized. I only recently have seen too close for comfort, as I dont have cable and settle for what's on, but then seeing the gif reminded me I should know that person all along lol

:ohnoez:

I dont remember the actor from other stuff, but maybe someone will jog my memory or I'll google. :roflmao:

Ah ok I might have recognized him from the Mary Tyler Moore show. I didnt ever have reruns of the 70s cartoons, and no internet until thinking of it today.

I was manufactured in 81, all just a tad before my time. So no worries 

Screenshot_20220807-181854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah ok I might have recognized him from the Mary Tyler Moore show. I didnt ever have reruns of the 70s cartoons, and no internet until thinking of it today.

"AQUAMAN SUMMONS A KILLER WHALE"

On 8/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

He was the narrator for all DC cartoons in the 60's and 70's - that's how I will always remember him as: "Meanwhile in the Hall of Justice..." :roflmao: