• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM What if #22
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Better photo backdrop: yes.

I do believe that's a tear on the bottom right of the front cover. That corner also appears to have a small crease and rounded corner. The tear alone, guestimating it's length, is automatically knocking this down to 6ish. So, I'll say 6.0±0.5, but I'd say 5.5 if given an ultimatum. Looks much better than the number overall

On 8/8/2022 at 9:42 AM, scburdet said:

Better photo backdrop: yes.

I do believe that's a tear on the bottom right of the front cover. That corner also appears to have a small crease and rounded corner. The tear alone, guestimating it's length, is automatically knocking this down to 6ish. So, I'll say 6.0±0.5, but I'd say 5.5 if given an ultimatum. Looks much better than the number overall

If there wasn't the tear, what do you think I'd have? I didn't notice it at first ugh.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:52 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

That sucks. Really wanted a better copy to send in

8.0.  the small tear will not knock it down 3 full grade points.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:48 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

I didn't notice it at first ugh

It happens to all of us. I've found several defects on books that I never noticed by going through the process of photographing them for PGM or in sending to CGC. Disappointing, but better than finding out after one comes back slabbed. This book still looks pretty nice, much better than lots of copies you'd find in online marketplaces