• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swamp Thing (question from a coinie, sorry)

9 posts in this topic

Letsee, what time izzit? wink.gif

Oh, OK, the first few of the run, 20-24 will fetch from $8-$20 in Mint. #37, first John Constantine, $15 in Mint. The draw is the writer, Alan Moore, who came on in #20 (but that issue not by Totleben). Steve Bissette and John Totleben (not sure I spelled that right either) preceeded Moore's arrival by a few issues, and those pre-Moore issues are currently almost worthless.

So, not worth a lot monetarily, but one of the great mainstream comics achievements of all time, IMHO.

Cheers,

Z.

Bugaboo,

It's a BMW K1100RS, which I don't own, I just like the picture and aspire to owning it. I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200, which is not a BMW, but is faster than anything they make!

Hey, just wondering, can certified comics be opened, so that you can look at the pages? If not, how do you know the grade isn't BS?

"Nice bike"

You said it, Bug. I just hope he can acheive escape velocity on it should he happen to ride by when Arcadia is using the deep recesses of TJenitals "Inner Sanctum", to tone and tarnish the traditional Easter Coins, if the suction of Arcadia's withdrawal starts to inexhorably suck both he and his bike in!!! shocked.gifshocked.gif

they are basically worth nothing, BUT they are probably the best mainstream/horror/superhero book of the past 40 years. Swamp Thing 24 is the best JLA story ever, and for a just spectacular read, pick up Swamp Thing Annual 2 and Swamp Thing 53.