• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free CGC outer wells up for grabs
1 1

28 posts in this topic

I want to get rid of this carp to insure my spouse stays happy.  It is all free - you just pay me for postage.

Shipping: I try to get you postage as reasonable as possible while protecting the merchandise. 

Payment: Checks & M.O.s are accepted.  Paypal begrudgingly accepted. 

Agreements:   (tsk)  No H.O.S. members, card-carrying P.O.S., H.O.C. occupants, puppy-kickers, butt-lickers, etc.  Secret hand-shakers OK on a case-by-case basis. 

Return Policy: Not on this carp.

:takeit:You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM.  GET SOME!!!!  :headbang:

P.S. Don't worry about Roy's pubic hairs being included - I have high graded all of those.

Edited by lizards2

:news:All have been taken  :news: 

First up - mylar snugs.  These are used ones that sellers here have shipped books to me in.  I hate these things, but some apparently love them. 

Some are used, used.  Some are barely used.  Some have stickers, and all the other stuff you sellers smear on your bags. 

These are a variety of sizes, but are mostly Silver to Super Gold in size.

I really don't want to sort these things.

I used to sell these to Tracy Heft for 10 cents each, shipped in a medium flat rate box, which he paid for.  

I have about enough to fill about two medium flat rate boxes.  It's possible that using a Regional Rate box, that I could ship cheaper, particularly if you are closer to Oregon.

snugs3.jpg

Snugs1.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Second up -

Inner wells.  Generally, they have been cut on the top side and down the right side, to remove the books contained within.

I have no idea what you could use these for.  My wife uses some for elementary school crafts.  I have no local recycling options for these.

You pay postage, and I will ship them to you free.  How many do you want?  Not sure how many I still have. Post a quantity that you would like and I will do first come first serve.

Empty inner.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Third movement of the day -

Outer wells.  Mostly regular silver size.  Some of the thick giant size.  A few magazine size.

They are typically broken at the lower posts, and I slip the inner well out the bottom.  I only keep the ones that have broken fairly clean.

I delivered about a 100 of these to Royce in Eugene several years ago.  They are heavy.

However, they are useful - for example, you could put your more expensive raw books in them when you sell at conventions, to eliminate handling damage.  You can use them at home for your raw books too, again to eliminate handling damage.  I used them when I delivered a speech on comics to the local Lions club, to protect my raw books from handling damage.

I probably have 100-200 of these stashed in the garage. Post a number you want, and I will begin sorting, first come, first serve. If you want the super thick size or magazine size, please specify.

Empty Outer.jpg

p.s. I do use Pirate Ship, so postage is less than what Joe Shmoe and Joe Blow pay down at the old P.O. Pm me for quotes, or figure it out for yourself from 97630 to your front door.

Edited by lizards2

On 8/8/2022 at 8:02 PM, JollyComics said:

Carp?  What kind of carps did you catch?

2094569706_ScreenShot2022-08-08at10_02_09PM.png.e6cef9492e7a79cc537c32c3b40f29c8.png

564232963_ScreenShot2022-08-08at10_03_47PM.png.3fe0af78e064c47daef98f8226616e49.png

Reeled in my first pirate. We have pirates on the boards?

No Carps were harmed - the board filters don't like Crap.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:54 PM, lizards2 said:

First up - mylar snugs.  These are used ones that sellers here have shipped books to me in.  I hate these things, but some apparently love them. 

Some are used, used.  Some are barely used.  Some have stickers, and all the other stuff you sellers smear on your bags. 

:takeit:

On 8/8/2022 at 8:15 PM, WolverineX said:

What are you watching these days?  

Umbrella Academy third season. Trying to get through The Norsemen. Pretty much The Five every day. No sports right now - I know there is baseball - but I don't consider that a sport.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:20 PM, Scrooge said:
On 8/8/2022 at 7:54 PM, lizards2 said:

All of them?

On 8/8/2022 at 8:24 PM, Scrooge said:
On 8/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, lizards2 said:

All of them?

Check PM (thumbsu

Pretty sure all of these are gone - it was only $16 to ship a 16 lb box of mylar snugs from Oregon to Maryland using good old Pirate Ship!

Edited by lizards2

On 8/8/2022 at 8:55 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Damn, I'm sorry I missed that speech to the Lions Club.

I may still have the notes saved here somewhere - we could do some facetime or whatever, buy Ryan might get jealous. I think I mostly stuck to some of my favorite cover themes and such, which were inspired by my experiences in life. Fish-in-the-face, parachute, etc.

On 8/9/2022 at 12:02 AM, lizards2 said:

Fish-in-the-face,

You were the first person I knew who collected these. At first I was like, boy is that one stupid cover theme to chase! Then I was like, actually these are kind of cool. Now I'm PMing boardies and asking breathlessly, GIMME ALL YO FISH IN THE FACE COVERS PANT PANT 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:09 PM, lizards2 said:

Reeled in my first pirate. We have pirates on the boards?

No Carps were harmed - the board filters don't like Crap.

You can say crap now 

On 8/9/2022 at 3:52 AM, jsilverjanet said:

You can say crap now 

Nods Mortified. :whatthe:

On 8/9/2022 at 3:41 AM, Ryan. said:

You were the first person I knew who collected these. At first I was like, boy is that one stupid cover theme to chase! Then I was like, actually these are kind of cool. Now I'm PMing boardies and asking breathlessly, GIMME ALL YO FISH IN THE FACE COVERS PANT PANT 

You're the only fish I want in my face.