• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Question
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Im a bit confused, i received notification yesterday about my CGC shipment being sent out to me with tracking number. The tracking number shows it was shipped by USPS and just shows it went to Tampa and then back to Sarasota. I am not sure what to think. It just a bit confusing because always request FedEx shipment for returning my books. Anyone else have a similar issue? I appreciate it. 9208890126440323626698

I think everyone has gotten a package that has taken a surprisingly circuitous route before.

But many people have also lost packages before

hope that helps

Read my correspondence with CGC support. :nyah: Apparently registered mail is slow as hell.

I chose FedEx for my last submission and CGC shipped it USPS same as you read my the correspondence CGC support.

Submission #4088046
I chose FedEx for shipping on this submission and now the submission has shipped through USPS. Why the change? I thought CGC was only using FedEx for shipping.

Good afternoon, Andrew, 

Thank you for reaching out to CGC Comics. We apologize for the confusion and it appears the FedEx option was overlooked when the submission was entered into our system. It does appear that the shipping fees have been adjusted to match the submission form. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Hello, since my submission #4088046 wasn't shipped Fedex as requested on the invoice, but shipped USPS Registered mail the postal service has seemed to misplace or lose my submission. The tracking #

hasn't been scanned in 5 days. So now what will you do about this?

Crystal M (Certified Collectibles Group)

Aug 10, 2022, 09:02 EDT

Good morning, Andrew,

Thank you for reaching back out to CGC. USPS is known for having slower transit times and it is common for a package to go for several days before the next scan is made. This being said if there is no movement for 15 business days we can place a lost package claim on your behalf. We apologize again for the confusion. 

Crystal M.

Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group
p. 941-360-3990  | f. 941-360-2553
collectiblesgroup.com

Edited by ak47po

On 8/11/2022 at 5:50 PM, Stephen Higgins said:

Im a bit confused, i received notification yesterday about my CGC shipment being sent out to me with tracking number. The tracking number shows it was shipped by USPS and just shows it went to Tampa and then back to Sarasota. I am not sure what to think. It just a bit confusing because always request FedEx shipment for returning my books. Anyone else have a similar issue? I appreciate it. 9208890126440323626698

CGC screwed up my last two returns in the same way.  I chose FedEx Ground for the return shipping--which would have cost $18 each, but CGC returned both via USPS Registered mail--which cost $35 each.  I contacted them, and they reimbursed me the $17 difference for each.  However, they initially billed my credit card an extra $34 instead of crediting it the $34--so I contact them yet again to get this fixed.  I shouldn't have to do CGC's accounting work for them.  

This is a pain to have to go through each time.  I have another submission that I'd like to do, but I'm hesitant to do so knowing that I'll have to go through the hassle of doing all of this work again.  My submissions were small.  I hope those that are spending hundreds or thousands of dollars a month with CGC are keeping a close eye on their charges.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:38 PM, Engr62 said:

CGC screwed up my last two returns in the same way.  I chose FedEx Ground for the return shipping--which would have cost $18 each, but CGC returned both via USPS Registered mail--which cost $35 each.  I contacted them, and they reimbursed me the $17 difference for each.  However, they initially billed my credit card an extra $34 instead of crediting it the $34--so I contact them yet again to get this fixed.  I shouldn't have to do CGC's accounting work for them.  

This is a pain to have to go through each time.  I have another submission that I'd like to do, but I'm hesitant to do so knowing that I'll have to go through the hassle of doing all of this work again.  My submissions were small.  I hope those that are spending hundreds or thousands of dollars a month with CGC are keeping a close eye on their charges.

I would like to know why CGC is changing shipping preferences, your the third case i have seen. The reason i was given was  "We apologize for the confusion and it appears the FedEx option was overlooked when the submission was entered into our system." OK...I'd like to know how can shipping be overlooked when entering info into the system, shipping should be one of the most important things to keep track of  when entering submission preferences. (shrug)

Edited by ak47po

On 8/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, ak47po said:

I would like to know why CGC is changing shipping preferences, your the third case i have seen. The reason i was given was  "We apologize for the confusion and it appears the FedEx option was overlooked when the submission was entered into our system." OK...I'd like to know how can shipping be overlooked when entering info into the system, shipping should be one of the most important things to keep track of  when entering submission preferences. (shrug)

Escalate it!

On 8/12/2022 at 6:59 PM, ak47po said:

In my case, I submitted one book for grading (modern, fast track) and one book for reholdering.  These were submitted on the same form, but each had it's own $5 "handling" charge because they were different tiers.  The "handling" charge for each submission/tier is a pretty bogus way of adding on a hidden fee so they can advertise their grading fees a little lower--but that's a story for another time.  For these two books, I chose FedEx Ground at $18 each on the submission form.

The modern fast track book was finished 12 working days (16 calendar days) prior to the reholdered book.  I received a shipping notice for the modern fast track book and noticed it was USPS instead of FedEx Ground, but I didn't think much about it since USPS Priority is $16.10--and if they added additional insurance, it would be about the same as FedEx Ground ($18).  However, when I requested a statement from CGC, I noticed that the shipping charge for this book was $35, and the reholder was also listed on the statement with $35 shipping also.  This is because it was sent USPS Registered mail instead of regular USPS Priority.  I contacted CGC to tell them of the shipping switch, and they refunded the difference.  I also explained that I had a reholder book on the same submission form, and that I wanted to make sure it would be sent FedEx Ground like I selected.  The reholder had not even gotten past the "scheduled for grading" stage at this point.  However, CGC went ahead and refunded the difference in shipping for the reholder also (which hadn't even been started at this point), and when it shipped 12 working days after the modern fast track tier (and approximately 9 working days after I told CGC about the shipping problem), it was also sent USPS Registered.

This really makes no sense.  I have no idea what is going on at CGC, but between their mechanical errors and shipping issues, I have no idea how they are evening breaking even on these submissions--much less making money.  And yes, I had to return the lone modern fast track for a mechanical error--which CGC paid to ship to them and return to me.