• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Young Marvelman #28
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering what grade do you think this is? 0.5 or a 1? Bearing in mind the tape and the lack of a back cover lol

I totally do wanna get this encapsulated regardless though due to it being the fourth appearance of Young Marvelman and the fact I've never seen this comic before -- I hasten to add I believe the only image of this issue (outside Marvel's reconstruction) was on Grand Comics Database and it's this exact copy~ The copy is separated into three sections; the front cover and the first two pages (4 sides); the large selection of the stories; and the last page of a story and the 'Do You Know These Birds of the World' advert (2 sides)~

All comments are welcomed! Thanks!

Scan_20220813.thumb.png.f0240765269cced5ca0ac7bb98558549.png1996001392_Scan_20220813(2).thumb.png.9ce4a8640d3cf495dd260543617b085a.png

Edited by Bart Allen

On 8/13/2022 at 2:37 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i think it would present very nicely in a slab and hopefully would not get a NG, anything above that is a bonus !!

Wait a NG is a possibility? It wouldn't go outside a blue label would it? ~

I looked a bit at this issue separately the other day. What I observed: low grade books (<1 for sure, not sure about the cutoff) with something missing get a blue label that notes incomplete, higher grade books get a better grade but a green label. NG seems reserved for books without any cover, or a reproduction cover. I'm not positive about missing only the back cover. I didn't find any examples, but I'd guess blue with notes b/c the back cover is like a missing centerfold or other book parts often denoted as missing. At this low a grade, IDK if it matters what color the label is. The value would either be personal attachment or being an affordable way to complete a collection when the price of the book is otherwise prohibitive. 

On 8/13/2022 at 11:32 PM, grendelbo said:

0.5 Incomplete.

Were the front cover still attached (by the staples, not tape) there's a slight but unlikely chance of 1.0.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks <3

Still incomplete although it's just the back cover that's missing?

On 8/13/2022 at 4:32 PM, grendelbo said:

0.5 Incomplete.

Were the front cover still attached (by the staples, not tape) there's a slight but unlikely chance of 1.0.

Thanks for posting.

Agreed.

Still a very cool find. (thumbsu