• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 3, Ewert 0

96 posts in this topic

just got back 3 books sent in for review purchased from JE- no missed trimming on these three: batman 236 9.6, detective 379 9.6, detective 334 9.6. for whoever's keeping score at home- please make note of these.

Excuse me, but who here actually thinks that CGC are planning on identifying more than a few books during this exercise?

'Yeah, we reassessed 337, and there was missed trimming on 6. Doesn't look to have been too major a problem after all. Does it Tom? Not too much out of pocket, I hope, Tom?'

just got back 3 books sent in for review purchased from JE- no missed trimming on these three: batman 236 9.6, detective 379 9.6, detective 334 9.6. for whoever's keeping score at home- please make note of these.

Excuse me, but who here actually thinks that CGC are planning on identifying more than a few books during this exercise?

'Yeah, we reassessed 337, and there was missed trimming on 6. Doesn't look to have been too major a problem after all. Does it Tom? Not too much out of pocket, I hope, Tom?'

Nick, i don't know. Now would be the time to let it ALL out as they are full aware that other sources can check for resto AND double check their work....i would say that they would be more than happy to catch every book now becaue if ANY book comes back a second time with missed trim they would lose all credibility.

Nick, i don't know. Now would be the time to let it ALL out as they are full aware that other sources can check for resto AND double check their work....i would say that they would be more than happy to catch every book now becaue if ANY book comes back a second time with missed trim they would lose all credibility.

Roy, you'd think so, wouldn't you?

However, right at this moment in time, an admission that they actually missed a substantial proportion first time around might just sink them without trace.

On the other hand, if they give clean bills of health to the majority, and a handful resurface at some point in the future, at different times, it would dilute the impact.

And quite honestly, they have made vague noises about being more switched on to this type of trim, but in what way, and how are they now detecting what they couldn't before?

I honestly feel that this is simply a way of losing the Ewert books into the population. Reassess, blue label, new serial number...hey presto, no stigma!

just got back 3 books sent in for review purchased from JE- no missed trimming on these three: batman 236 9.6, detective 379 9.6, detective 334 9.6.

Wow, big surprise there - call the newspapers... sleeping.gif

I would be very surprised if CGC "identifies" anything more than a very small portion of Ewert resubs as restored, so as to convey the appearance that all is well. After all, once they're back in the CGC slab, do you really think the current owner is going to raise a fuss and started cracking it open to send to Susan? screwy.gif

Mike, you should post the serial numbers of the new books and also PM them to Sterling and Bruce, so the database they're maintaining can be updated to reflect that these Ewert books have been given a clean bill of health by CGC.

Nick, you're being overly cynical, I think, and working yourself into a state where nothing short of identifying every Ewert book as a trimmed book would satisfy you. I think you're better than that.

CGC would have to be insane to take a gamble like that, because if they miss it this time and then get called on it, they will be raked over the coals like you wouldn't believe. In addition, a pattern of deliberately concealing restoration, or missing it in a grossly negligent fashion, would be all the ammunition that a good plaintiffs lawyer would be looking for.

My personal belief is that CGC are subjecting these books to the tightest scrutiny they've ever applied to any books.

My personal belief is that CGC are subjecting these books to the tightest scrutiny they've ever applied to any books.

Tim, you are using good rationale and perfect business sense. That doesn't sit too well here on the forum. We'd rather believe something sinister, something being concealed. It's the more popular belief system around here. Make a note of it.

Tim, you are using good rationale and perfect business sense. That doesn't sit too well here on the forum. We'd rather believe something sinister, something being concealed. It's the more popular belief system around here. Make a note of it.

Make a note that it also has the not so hollow ring of truth to it as well. Things are being concealed. I do think that some people, me included, can go overboard, but when things continue to mount, well, my rationale mind comes to what I see as rationale conclusions. If my rationale conclusions is in opposite corners as CGC supporters, then so be it.

Oh, you mean like me suggesting over a year ago that Friesen was undertaking 'conservation' work whilst still employed by CGC?

And that he was going to announce in the spring of this year that he was setting up his own company, under the CGC umbrella, to do this sort of thing in the open?

Yeah, total red herring that turned out to be. yeahok.gif

Oh, you mean like me suggesting over a year ago that Friesen was undertaking 'conservation' work whilst still employed by CGC?

And that he was going to announce in the spring of this year that he was setting up his own company, under the CGC umbrella, to do this sort of thing in the open?

But that rationale does not fit the CGC apologist stance, hence the not rationale and perfect business sense. gossip.gif

Or maybe the 'witchhunt' that occured regarding that strange F.F. #3 that appeared at a different grade, in a different colour slab?

Another waste of everyone's time perpetrated by 'conspiracy theorists'. yeahok.gif

But that rationale does not fit the CGC apologist stance, hence the not rationale and perfect business sense. gossip.gif

Rationale and rational are two totally different words. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

And FT is neither an apologist nor anti - CGC. He's a realist.

Rationale and rational are two totally different words. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

And FT is neither an apologist nor anti - CGC. He's a realist.

sumo.gif